KODAK Gallery earns FSC Certification
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Emeryville, Calif. - KODAK Gallery, the only online photo service designed for your KODAK MOMENTS, has earned the privilege to offer its customers personalized Photo Books, Photo Cards and Calendars carrying the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) label. Displaying the FSC label on these products will assure KODAK Gallery customers that their personalized Photo Books, Photo Cards and Calendars were created using paper sourced solely from responsibly managed forests and verified recycled sources.
Only those who can demonstrate sourcing, inventory management, training and record keeping activities that meet the rigorous standards of the FSC are eligible for its label. In qualifying, KODAK Gallery Product Operations completed a rigorous certification process, including on-site audits conducted by Scientific Certification System (SCS), one of the world's leading FSC certifiers. KODAK Gallery's FSC license code is FSC-C104080.
"Receiving FSC Certification for this set of products demonstrates our sustainability commitment as well as our desire to offer our customers products distinguished from our competitors," said Charles J. Ruffing, Director of Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability, Eastman Kodak Company. "I congratulate the KODAK Gallery team on this accomplishment."
FSC accreditation enhances the improving environmental footprint of KODAK Gallery Products:
- Printing is done with KODAK NEXPRESS Dry Inks, which contain no hazardous VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and are fade resistant.
- Shipping boxes are made with at least 30% recycled content and are recyclable.
- Shipping mailers are made with 95% post-consumer recycled content and are recyclable.
- In addition to being manufactured with fiber from responsible forests and verified sources, paper used for KODAK Gallery Photo Cards, Photo Books and Calendars is made using wind-power.
- Photo Cards are recyclable while also being durable and fade resistant.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free