Kodak customers win CIP4 2010 CIPPI Awards
Friday, December 03, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Rochester, N.Y. — The print industry organization, The International Cooperation for the Integration of the Processes in Prepress, Press and Postpress (CIP4), recently announced the 2010 winners of the Jurgen Schonhut Memorial CIP4 International Print Production Innovation (CIPPI) Awards. Kodak commercial printing and publishing customers won recognitions in six of the seven process automation categories.
“Time and time again, Kodak’s PRINERGY Business Link Software and servers from its Print On-Demand Solutions Group has shown up in CIPPI award applications; from small and larger printers to offset and digital printers,” said James Harvey, Executive Director, CIP4. “Kodak has the most integration with other vendors’ systems in the JDF Integration Matrix. It is clear that Kodak is dedicated to helping printers improve productivity and streamline production through JDF-enabled process automation.”
Kodak customers won CIPPI awards in the following categories:
- Best cost/benefit realization and improvement in efficiency as a result of process automation implementation: First Place—Vogeli AG Druckzentrum, Langnau, Switzerland: CIP4 recognized the Swiss commercial print provider for more than doubling productivity and realizing significant operational cost savings. The company implemented bi-directional JDF/JMF workflow and automated JDF/workflow including KODAK PRINERGY Rules-Based Automation Software and KODAK INSITE Web to Print Solutions working seamlessly with HIFLEX MIS System (management information system) and HEIDELBERG Press Room Manager.
- Biggest improvement in quality production and customer responsiveness as a result of process automation: First Place—Associates International, Inc., Wilmington, Delaware, United States: This KODAK PRINERGY Workflow and KODAK INSITE Web to Print Solutions customer is an on-demand and conventional print provider. AI won first place for automating its invoice process for small jobs, improving inventory control and better utilizing its XEROX Digital Production Presses—resulting in an annual cost savings of more than US$227,000, return on investment of more than US$188,000 and a payback period of approximately two-and-a-half months. AI integrated a JDF CIP4-certified XEROX CX Print Server Powered by CREO Color Server Technology, AVANTI MIS system and XEROX Process Manager to realize the results.
- Best Process Automation Implementation—Europe: Ten Brink/Hooiberg Hassbeck, Meppel, Netherlands—The Dutch printer is a KODAK PRINERGY Workflow customer specializing in offset and digital publishing of books and magazines for the scientific, educational and general publishing markets. Ten Brink’s process automation goals included increasing accuracy in job specification and execution, increasing production on its KBA digital presses, invoicing faster, and decreasing costs associated with orders. Working with consultants from Systeemhuis Compri, KBA and KODAK MARKETMOVER Business Advantage Solutions, Ten Brink doubled its sheet feed per hour output, increased output from its digital presses by 50 percent with 28 percent achieved by JDF/JMF integration, eliminated errors in plate production, cut order management costs by 5 percent, improved invoicing time by 50 percent, and improved customer satisfaction by being able to status orders directly from the automated workflow.
- Best Process Automation Implementation—Asia/Pacific: Times Printers Pte. Ltd., Singapore: Times Printers is an offset printer specializing in the publishing of news, magazines and textbooks. Times Printers wanted to optimize press utilization, improve and integrate sales forecasting, production and inventory control. Integration of KODAK INSITE Web to Print Solutions along other automated investments has resulted in a 224 percent return on investment over a five-year period. CIP4 also recognized Times Printers in the Best cost/benefit realization and improvement in efficiency as a result of process automation implementation category, finishing after Vogeli AG Druckzentrum.
- Best Process Automation Implementation—North America: JP Graphics, Appleton, Wisconsin, United States: JP Graphics is a commercial printer and KODAK PRINERGY Workflow customer. CIP4 recognized JP Graphics for faster response times to customers, greater accuracy in billing and dramatic reductions in prepress time due to automated JDF data and specification transfer to KODAK PRINERGY Workflow— resulting in an annual cost savings of more than US$385,000. JP Graphics created separate storefronts for existing customers and new customers, integrated HIFLEX MIS and Webshop Web2Print, and automated the JDF/JMF connection to KODAK PRINERGY Workflow.
“The graphic communications industry is undergoing tremendous change today. Having Kodak customers win these prestigious recognitions from CIP4 underscore the criticality and benefits that Kodak can bring in helping customers transform their businesses,” said Jon Bracken, General Manager, Unified Workflow Solutions, Business Solutions and Services Group, Eastman Kodak Company. “Kodak PRINERGY Workflow, KODAK INSITE Web to Print Solutions, MARKETMOVER Business Advantage Solutions, and color servers from our KODAK Print On-Demand Solutions Group help customers worldwide realize tangible, real-time return on investment and operational efficiencies in their businesses.”
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free