Caldera releases version 8.01 with Debian
Thursday, December 02, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Caldera, the award winning RIP software editor leader in large format imaging and production workflow, is launching the new version 8.01 of its range of RIP products which includes many new features and devices
Caldera is now shipped with a new, Debian-based, Linux distribution, which replaces Kubuntu 8.04. This distribution is highly customized for fitting the Caldera requirements, and also includes a very easy installation procedure. The choice of Debian, which is considered by many as the most stable and flexible distribution, will allow more reactivity in terms of hardware support.
The new V 8.01 version has integrated Pantone Plus, an upgrade to the classical PANTONE Color System, released recently by PANTONE. In Caldera, it is implemented with 5 new color files available in the Spot Color editor: PANTONE+ Solid Coated, PANTONE + Solid Uncoated, PANTONE+ Premium Metallics Coated, PANTONE+ Pastels+Neons Coated and PANTONE+ Pastels+Neons Uncoated.
A complete N-Color Printing workflow is also a new addition. This feature has as key components an N-Color printing engine, able to process any type of ink, like additional process inks (Orange, Green, Blue, etc...) as well as additional spot inks like Silver, fluorescent inks, etc.. and an N-Color calibration procedure, including linearization and Ink limitation in EasyMedia. It also includes an InkSet editor, which allows the user to create custom Inks and InkSets and an enhanced Spot Color manager, allowing to type output color directly in N-Color.
All printer drivers now support the media compensation mechanism. This allows users to define correction factors for the width or the height of the media to be used when the printer prints a little bit bigger or smaller than expected.
New Printer Drivers
- Agfa : Anapurna 2500 LED, Anapurna Mw
- HP-Scitex TJ 8600, LX600, LX800, FB500, FB700
- HP Designjet Z5200, Z6200
- Oce Arizona 550GT, 550XT
- Fujifim-Sericol Acuity Advance HS
- Canon IPF 6300, 6350, 8300, 8310, 815, 825
- KIP Color UJV 180j
- Durst Tau 150i, Rho 750, 162 TS, Rhotex 320
- Gerber CAT | UV
- Mutoh Viper 100 TX, Viper TX Extreme, ValueJet 1304W, ValueJet 1604W
- Océ ColorWave 600
- Grapo Manta, Octopus II, Shark
- Roland VS640, VS540, VS420, VS300, RS-640, LEC-300, LEC-330, LEC-540
- Epson Stylus Pro 7890, 9890
- Teckwin TeckPro-H5000, TeckProUV-3200, TeckStar, TeckStorm-TS, Minoteck
- Vutek GS3200, GS5000r
- swissQprint Impala
- d.gen Artrix-GT, Teleios-GT
New Cutter Drivers
- GCC: Expert 24, Expert 24 LX, Expert Pro
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free