Unisource hosting 21st consecutive Chicago Paper Show
Monday, November 01, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Norcross, GA – Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading distributors of paper, packaging and facility supplies in North America, is hosting its annual Unisource Chicago Paper Show on Tuesday, November 2, 2010, at the historic Hilton Chicago Hotel, in downtown Chicago, IL.
“Unisource is honored to host our 21st consecutive Chicago Paper Show,” said Glenn Barton, Senior Vice President of Sales for Unisource. “This event sends a very positive message to the graphic arts community that Unisource is proud to support the U.S. paper industry and is committed to promoting the Power of Print as an effective means of communication.”
The Unisource Chicago Paper Show has become the largest and most established graphic design event in the country sponsored by a paper distributor. The show – an invitation-only and exclusive event – attracts approximately 1,000 of the leading designers and commercial printers from around the Chicago area, one of the leading graphic arts markets in the U.S. In its 21-year history, the Unisource Chicago show has featured an Academy award winning film, a working letterpress, and the first photographer for Rolling Stone magazine.
"This year’s event already has Chicago area designers buzzing and I guarantee attendees will have another impressive show experience,” said Andrew Dembitz, Director of Specification for Unisource. "With a strong lineup of featured exhibits, along with swatch books and paper samples galore, this event sets Unisource Chicago apart from our competitors."
The 2010 Unisource Paper Show includes these featured exhibits:
- Mohawk Show Eleven – A celebration of higher thinking in graphic design that combines brilliant design, intelligent paper selection and superior production.
- Chicago 50 Corporate Communications Show – Annual reports, corporate brochures and sustainability reports, representing 50 of Chicago’s finest companies and institutions.
- Marwen Student Show – Marwen provides high-quality visual arts, education, college planning and career development programs – all free of charge – to Chicago’s underserved youth in grades 6-12. Unisource has been a corporate sponsor of Marwen for more than ten years and will support them again through this event by asking all those who attend to donate their $10 admission to this art foundation. Over the years, Unisource has donated more than $100,000 to Marwen through the Unisource Chicago Paper Show.
- Munro Campagna Artist Representatives – The 2011 Munro Campagna Calendar will be introduced at the show. Titled, “Monsters of the Midway,” the calendar – which is the 24th in this long running series – features the Chicago Bears and benefits Bear Care, the team’s designated charity. Munro Campagna represents Chicago area illustrators and artists.
- TypeForce – A showcase of Chicago typographic all-stars – the best in emerging typographic design and art in Chicago.
The show also includes environmental exhibitions by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 2010 Unisource Chicago Paper Show is supported by the some of the world’s leading paper mills including: CTI Paper USA, Domtar Corporation, FiberMark, Finch Paper, French Paper, grupo Portucel Soporcel, MeadWestvaco, Mohawk Fine Papers, Neenah Paper, New Leaf Paper, NewPage, Reich Paper, Sappi Fine Paper and Yupo.
Individuals unable to attend the show in person can stay informed about the event via Unisource’s social media channels. Continual updates will be posted on Twitter @Unisource_UWW (use the hashtag #papershow21). Photos from the event will also be shared on Unisource’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/UnisourceWorldwide.