At Graph Expo, GMG shows that wherever a color goes, it stays that color
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Hingham, MA USA – Wherever a color goes, it stays that color. At GMG booth 644 during Graph Expo and in multiple partner booths, GMG, developer and supplier of high-end color management and proofing solutions, will feature its highly innovative color management technologies. Solutions will be on display for all facets of printing, from commercial printing, to digital and large format, to packaging. GMG will show how it achieves consistent color with different substrates and printing processes using its unique color management solutions.
Despite challenging economic conditions, GMG continues to bolster its portfolio of color management products, leading the industry in easy to use solutions for complex, quality-driven requirements across all printing processes. During the past year, GMG ColorProof, the company's flagship proofing software, plus GMG ColorServer and GMG SmartProfiler color management software have all expanded in functionality. At Graph Expo, GMG will be exhibiting the largest ever portfolio of software solutions to color manage the entire graphic workflow from prepress to print.
Highlights at Graph Expo include a diverse range of recent graphic applications.
Color-accurate print and flexo mock-ups on almost any substrate
GMG recently announced the availability of the GMG print driver for the Roland VersaUV LEC-330 UV-LED inkjet printer and cutter, providing an ideal solution for creating color-accurate mockups. For the first time, the Roland VersaUV LEC-330, with the help of GMG ColorProof or GMG FlexoProof, can create color-accurate proofs and mockups directly on the substrate they will be printed on. GMG ColorProof and GMG DotProof/FlexoProof enable the VersaUV LEC-330 to achieve a visual match to typical print processes such as flexography, offset and gravure printing - even for spot colors. It ensures the highest repeatability by calibrating target printers within tight tolerances.
For commercial printers, 'press proofs' can be printed on the final stock, useful for particularly fine, high-end uncoated papers. For converters, color accurate prototypes with exact screening and simulated misregistration can be built on the correct substrate. It means groundbreaking solutions for prototyping, mockups, and small lot production of packages and labels at a fraction of current costs.
Digital and large format print
Digital and large format printers increasingly expect high color accuracy, repeatability, and colors that match those produced by classic printing processes, such as offset or gravure. The same applies to companies that operate several output devices of an identical or similar type calibrated to industry or in-house standards. The answer is centralized color management with GMG ColorServer in conjunction with the new GMG SmartProfiler – a user-friendly solution for creating GMG ColorServer profiles and printer calibrations.
GMG SmartProfiler is a wizard-based profiling application enabling any user, even without expert color knowledge, to very easily calibrate, recalibrate and profile a wide variety of output devices. Consistent color results are easily achieved across all printing devices.
Standardizing the press
The importance of standardized print processes has grown substantially for print houses, regardless of which print process is used, because it supports achieving high print quality and stability while reducing costs. Offset printers, for instance, can provide best possible proof-to-print results and enhance productivity and efficiency dramatically by applying uniform color standards, chromatic ink reduction, controlling the printing process, and standardizing the press itself. GMG will demonstrate its highly effective and easy-to-use software tools such as GMG InkOptimizer for ink reduction and GMG PrintControl for printing process control.
Proofr.com online service
GMG recently launched the Proofr online global proofing service (www.proofr.com), powered by GMG to its exacting quality standards. Proofr.com provides access to a network of remote proofing locations with comparable equipment that is capable of producing identical proofs anywhere in the world. Photographers, advertising agencies, and prepress houses, for example, can use a Web portal to order a contract proof in perfect GMG quality. The technological basis for achieving this is GMG's unique calibration technology, which standardizes the printing characteristics of different printers worldwide.
GMG partnerships on display at Graph Expo:
GMG continues to build partnerships, consolidating its position as the world's leading color management solutions provider. Within GMG's own booth the company will include products from several partners, including:
Eizo Nanao Technologies Inc.: The ColorEdge CG245W is EIZO's latest 24" LCD monitor for use in all pre-press applications and is the industry's first self-calibrating monitor.
Epson America Inc. (also on booth 617): GMG ColorProof, DotProof and FlexoProof will be shown driving the Epson Stylus Pro WT7900 with support for Epson UltraChrome HDR White Ink on clear and metallic media.
Just Normlicht: All print samples and proofs will be shown with the JUST Normlicht viewing booth. Just will be introducing its new JUST LED Color Viewing Light XL Hybrid viewing booth along with new UV light modules for the packaging industry.
Proactive Technologies: Proactive Technologies high performance computers will be shown supporting all GMG software applications. The company's handcrafted units, based on the Intel server building block, are built for high reliability and optimum prepress performance.
X-Rite: The X-Rite i1iSis and i1 spectrophotometers will be shown in conjunction with the full portfolio of GMG color management software. X-Rite's instruments support the accurate measurement and communication of color information across multiple locations.
In addition to GMG's own stand, visitors can see samples or demonstrations of GMG software solutions on several partners' stands, including:
- Canon USA, Inc (booth 2027): Close technological collaboration and integration of Canon inkjet printers into GMG's proofing software will be shown, including GMG DotProof driving the latest generation of Canon printers.
- Color Management Group (booth 4049): The network of resellers, trainers and installers of color management products has been a long-standing partner of GMG and will show the company's full product set.
- Epson America Inc. (booth 217): GMG ColorProof software will be shown driving newly introduced printers in the Epson booth. The recently introduced WT7900 with white ink will be shown in the GMG booth.
- G7 Summit 2010 (booths 4057, 4361): GMG will present, demonstrate and discuss how GMG products support the G7 method and standards advanced by IDEAlliance - enhancing efficiency and improving communication and consistency across the digital media supply chain. GMG is an IDEAlliance member company.
- Mimaki USA Inc (booth 3212): GMG color management solutions for the complete line of Mimaki inkjet printers, including the recent UJF-706 and UJF 3042 printers will be shown, as well as application examples for packaging proofing and mockup production.
- Pitman Company (booth 2611): Pitman Company, a strong national partner and reseller of GMG products, with a full portfolio of graphics arts supplies and solutions, will show and discuss the complete range of GMG color management solutions.
- Roland DGA (booth 4338): The integration of Roland UV inkjet printers with GMG's color management and proofing software for packaging proofing and mockup production will be shown, featuring Roland's new VersaUV LEC-330. Printed samples driven by GMG ColorProof will be available.
"GMG can offer any print supply chain a complete portfolio of color management solutions. Our focused approach to growth and development has made GMG the industry's de facto color management developer, supplier and partner, providing consistent and high quality color management and control to a broad range of users," says Jim Summers, President, GMG Americas. "GMG color management allows companies to extract more value from their existing equipment and process. We continue to invest in new partnerships, an expanded global presence, and expert color tools to support their successes."