The ‘Career Doctor’ is in at the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Chestnut Hill, Mass – Wondering what your employment future will be like? Get a professional check-up for your career from The Career Doctor (aka management psychologist Dr. Paul Powers) at the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference in November.
A renowned career consultant, speaker, author and seminar leader, Dr. Powers has coached thousands of people in hundreds of companies and helped them find and succeed in jobs they love. Widely admired for his skill in helping others achieve career satisfaction and success, he is frequently quoted by prominent media outlets such as The Wall St. Journal, The New York Times, National Business Employment Weekly, NPR and others. Practicing what he preaches about the many benefits of developing varied interests, Dr. Powers maintains a specialized forensic practice, is a voiceover artist, and an avid outdoorsman.
Dr. Powers will conduct confidential and quick “career health checks” for Conference guests on Wednesday, November 3rd, from 4:15 – 7:00 pm. Bring your résumé and career questions for The Career Doctor’s professional advice about job hunting, résumé writing, career building and more. This is a FREE, one-time opportunity to explore your present and future options with help from a leading career pro. It’s available only at the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference.
Cutting Edge Information
What’s really special about the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference is the freshness of the program. The 2010 Conference is focused on the future, and every Conference speaker will direct you to the latest thinking and ideas about the future of publishing and printing, new digital printing apps, paper pricing, direct mail, print and cross-media, and more. Learn to work smarter and more effectively with guidance from the foremost thinkers and practitioners of our time, such as:
- 2010 Publishing Executive Hall of Fame honorary inductee and Precision Media Group President Bob Sacks (Keynote speaker, Thursday, November 4th);
- Award-winning graphic designer, creative director, production manager and print buyer Daniel Dejan (Keynote speaker, Wednesday, November 3rd);
- Print and graphic arts industry consultant, forecaster and WhatTheyThink.com research director Dr. Joe Webb (Keynote speaker, Thursday, November 4th).
- RIT Professor Emeritus and “Dean of Printing” Frank Romano
- Print Buyers International founder and Conference producer Margie Dana
- “Paper Guru” and consultant Jack Miller
- Digital media creative strategist Andrew Davis
- Direct mail diva Christine Erna
- X-Rite/Pantone National Sales Manager Matt McDowell
- Elite print buyer and insurance executive Jeff Dickerson
- Universal Technical Institute Procurement and Supply Chain Manager Anne Anderson
- John Hancock Funds AVP of Creative Services Dan Rollins
Develop new professional connections during informal networking and Conference Hall visits with our 31 exhibiting sponsors. Brush up on the latest print industry advances at our Sponsor Spotlight Sessions.
Two Boot Camps November 2nd
If you’re a graphic designer who works with print, you’ll learn how to work effectively with printers at our Boot Camp for Print Designers!™ from 9:00 am to noon on Tuesday, November 2nd. This half-day workshop led by Frank Romano and Margie Dana will explain how to prepare files for commercial and digital printers, and examine the role of print in the digital age. Print reps, CSR’s and print company executives will discover what’s on the minds of print buyers today at the half-day Boot Camp for Print Reps!™ from 1 to 4 pm on Tuesday, November 2nd.
Early Bird Discount Till September 15th
There’s just one thing better than attending the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference and that’s taking $125 off the price of registration. Sign up NOW to take advantage of our tremendous Early Bird discount and enjoy the same great speakers and great program at an affordable low price. Don’t delay. Our Early Bird Special expires on September 15th.
“There’s no other Conference that provides print buyers, graphic designers and marketing specialists with the depth of knowledge, the quality of speakers and the variety of opportunities,” describes Conference producer Margie Dana. “Even if your budget is tight, this is one program you can’t afford to miss.”