Print Buyers International announce details for 5th Annual Print & Media Conference
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Chestnut Hill, Mass. – The sky will be bright over Westford, MA on November 3rd and 4th, 2010 when the curtain rises on Margie Dana's 5th Annual Print & Media Conference. That's when the year's most-talked-about speakers in printing, publishing and new media will shine their lights over the year's most exciting Conference for print buyers, graphic designers and marketing specialists.
Joining Conference host and Print Buyers International (PBI) founder Margie Dana will be three keynote presenters whose transformative ideas will change your world, including:
- 2010 Publishing Executive Hall of Fame honorary inductee and Precision Media Group President Bob Sacks (aka BoSacks)
- Award-winning graphic designer, creative director, production manager and print buyer Daniel Dejan
- Print and graphic arts industry consultant, forecaster and WhatTheyThink.com research director Dr. Joe Webb
They will be joined by thought leaders and practitioners from printing, paper, design and related disciplines, including:
- RIT Professor Emeritus and "Dean of Printing" Frank Romano
- "Paper Guru" and consultant Jack Miller
- Digital media creative strategist Andrew Davis
- Direct mail diva Christine Erna
- X-Rite/Pantone National Sales Manager Matt McDowell
- Elite print buyer and insurance executive Jeff Dickerson
- Universal Technical Institute Procurement and Supply Chain Manager Anne Anderson
- John Hancock Funds AVP of Creative Services Dan Rollins
And then there is the program. Built on the theme, Modern Marketing: From Design to Pixels to Print, it focuses on blending the power of print with the impact of digital media. Enjoy two days of interactive sessions about subjects you need to know, such as:
- Life with Print
- The Turbulent Path of Printing & Publishing
- There's an App for That in Digital Printing
- Paper Pricing Explained
- The Standard #4: Scoring & Folding
- Reinventing Print: The Gutenberg Paradox
- The Next Generation of Direct Mail Marketing
- New Tools for Design from Pantone
- How to be a Person of Disproportionate Influence
- Success in the Trenches: Print Buying Pros Share Secrets
- Where Print Fits in Cross-Media Campaigns
- Idea Swap with Margie Dana
Rounding out the Conference program will be visits with more than 30 exhibiting sponsors, and Sponsor Spotlight Sessions in which we'll explore trend-setting print industry advances.
Specialized Boot Camps for Print Designers and Print Reps on November 2nd add depth to the program. Learn how to prepare files for commercial and digital printers, and examine the role of print in the digital age at the Boot Camp for Print Designers! led by Dana and Romano. Boot Camp for Print Reps! will give print reps, CSRs and print executives the inside line on the real-world questions and concerns of print buyers today.
Early Bird Savings Till Sept. 15th
The only thing better than attending this Conference is saving money when you do. Register before September 15th and save $125 with our generous Early Bird discount. Visit the Conference website at www.printbuyersconference.com to take advantage of this special offer. While you're there, be sure to check out the discounted room rate at the conveniently located Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center in Westford, MA.
"If you source, design for or market with print, the 5th Annual Print & Media Conference will help you understand where your industry and career are heading," explains Dana. "You will come away with a better grasp of print's evolving role in communications and discover new ways to maximize print's place in the new media environment. This is professional development you won't find anywhere else at a price you can afford."