GRAPH EXPO virtual preview-registration now open
Monday, July 12, 2010
Reston, VA - Attendee registration for the free online virtual preview of GRAPH EXPO 2010 is now open. As its name implies, "GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview" offers graphic communications professionals an exciting sneak peek at all that the GRAPH EXPO show in October will have to offer. The Virtual Preview is scheduled for August 19, 2010. GRAPH EXPO, themed "The Next Generation of Print," the year's largest graphic communications exhibition and conference in the Americas, will take place October 3-6, 2010, in Chicago's McCormick Place South.
Sponsored by American Printer magazine, GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview will feature an interactive tour of the new equipment and products to be found at the show in October, as well as opportunities to network live with industry experts and peers from across the Americas. "We are always looking for ways to increase the value and benefit for GRAPH EXPO attendees," explained Ralph Nappi, President of the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC). "As the technology now allows, we think a "virtual" look at the show prior to Chicago will provide a unique opportunity for attendees to explore the latest new products and technologies, collect some information ahead of time and make plans for how they will work the physical show, even make booth appointments, so they will be well-prepared when GRAPH EXPO comes around in October."
On the day of the Virtual Preview, August 19, registrants will visit a designated URL through their Web browser that will launch a page that "mirrors" the lobby of the physical show where a video on the Jumbotron screen will welcome and explain how visitors can access the different areas of the online event, including the virtual Exhibit Hall; the virtual Auditorium, featuring a multitude of educational sessions; and, virtual Networking Lounge with scheduled featured topic discussions in five live chat rooms. Because GRAPH EXPO will host visitors not just from the English-speaking Americas and the Caribbean but also Mexico, Latin America and the Dominican Republic, visitors to GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview will have the option of participating in the online event in English or in Spanish.
In addition to the virtual vendor booths and a full listing of the exhibitors expected at GRAPH EXPO, the Virtual Preview will include educational webinar sessions covering topics of interest to 11 key industry segments within the full spectrum of graphic communications professionals-from commercial and quick printers to book publishers, packaging printers and converters, mailing and fulfillment professionals, newspaper printers and publishers, creative service professionals and more. Specifically, the virtual Auditorium will feature:
- Five educational webcast sessions covering topics of current interest to the variety of attendee segments
- A preview of the always-popular EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference, which takes place the day before GRAPH EXPO 2010 opens on October 2
- A preview of candidates being considered for MUST SEE 'EMS recognition, a popular part of the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference that highlights the most influential trends and technologies to be found on the show floor
- A preview of companies and organizations being considered for "Positively Print" recognition, a new print advocacy program launched by GASC to promote the power of print in the media mix, plus
- A special webcast on how to maximize your time at the physical tradeshow in Chicago, including a tutorial on how to Map Your Show using the online pre-show planner tool to find unique applications, discover best industry practices, and how to participate in social networking to your maximum advantage before, during and after the physical show.
As an additional benefit, all content from GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview, including the educational presentations, will be archived and available until the start of GRAPH EXPO 2010. Those who registered for the virtual event will be able to visit at any time to access any content, up until the physical GRAPH EXPO show.
Recognized as the commercial printing, publishing, mailing and transactional exposition for the Americas, GRAPH EXPO 2010 will offer the latest graphic communications technologies, equipment running live on the show floor, and education on the most in-demand products and profit-making opportunities. Attendees will find seven special interest sections on the show floor, including the brand new News Print pavilion, dedicated exclusively to the newspaper publishing industry; PackPrint, covering package printing; Future Print, featuring printed electronics and RFID; the Mailing & Fulfillment Center, the industry's largest mailing event anywhere in the Americas; the second annual GREENspace, a showcase on sustainability and eco-friendly products and services; Prepress/Software-Design; and, Press/Finishing.