Insider Software releases TeamServer for small creative teams
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Los Gatos, California - Insider Software announced today the immediate availability of FontAgent Pro TeamServer, which brings easy, economical and expandable font management capabilities to creative departments, corporate design teams and small agencies. The TeamServer delivers consistency, power and expandability, while providing users the search, preview and activation power they require.
Centralize and Share Your Fonts for Consistent Output and Control. TeamServer includes all the server and client software required to deliver unrivaled font management functionality to all users in a workgroup as it:
- Creates a centralized library of fonts of virtually any size that everyone can share
- Installs, updates and collects fonts on user workstations automatically
- Provides and enforces consistent font usage across all users and projects
Search, Preview, Print and Activate Fonts Fast. FontAgent Pro Team Server gives users more ways to search, preview and print fonts than other font technologies. Users can:
- Search for fonts by name, weight , slant, keyword, classification and other characteristics
- Find fonts - both locally and over the Internet - by topic (e.g. "winter", "party" or "technology")
- Display stunning previews of fonts including comparisons and Insider's unique Font Player slide-show technology - and print their results with full color control
- Auto-activate fonts in top design apps including Adobe CS5 InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and QuarkXPress and other Mac OS X applications
Industry-Leading Font Integrity:
Using Insider's industry-leading font-integrity manager, FontAgent Pro TeamServer assures the reliability of your fonts by eliminating corrupt, duplicate and mismatched fonts that wreak havoc on productivity, font activation and document presentation - so all team members enjoy correct, consistent on-screen imaging and printed output.
Easy Installation and Maintenance that Requires No New Hardware. FontAgent Pro TeamServer installs in as little as ten minutes, and enables administrators to:
- Assign permissions to different users for maintaining and installing fonts, distributing fonts and administering the server itself
- Use live backup to archive fonts without taking the server offline or interrupting workflow
- Manage font licenses and track their usage in real-time
- Optionally stop users from installing unauthorized fonts
Users with proper privileges can administer the server from any FontAgent Pro client workstation via a single, unified admin interface.
Supports Local and Remote Users:
TeamServer allows local users as well as remote users to receive and upload fonts. Remote users can connect over the Internet via a private network connection.
Expandable to Larger Workgroups:
In stark contrast to "Lite" versions from some software vendors, FontAgent Pro TeamServer is expandable to larger groups without requiring re-installation or purchase of another product. Customers can also upgrade to the FontAgent Pro Enterprise Server and take advantage of enterprise directory-services connectivity, on-demand real-time font audit reporting, server replication, failover services, and Kerberos single-sign-on. The expandability of FontAgent Pro TeamServer makes it an ideal choice for departments and agencies who later want to add users or offices to their font-server solution.
FontAgent Pro TeamServer requires Mac OS X version 10.4 or later, 30 megabytes of disk space and 256 megabytes of memory. It supports a range of Macintosh hardware, from dual G4 Mac computers up to and including Apple's MacMini, Mac Pro and XServe multi-processors. It also supports Windows clients running Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7. The TeamServer does not require a dedicated machine since it can run on any Macintosh computer in the workgroup.
Pricing and Availability:
FontAgent Pro TeamServer is available in two configurations that deliver a comprehensive font-management solution for five- or ten-person workgroups. The five-user edition is priced at $895 (USD) and the ten-user at $1295. Additional users cost $149.95 each.