GASC To Host Virtual Preview Of Graph Expo 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Reston, VA - To whet attendees' appetites for the year's largest graphic communications exhibition and conference in the Americas, the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) will host a special online preview of GRAPH EXPO 2010 this summer. To be accessible through any computer's Web browser, GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview will take place August 19, 2010, weeks prior to the physical GRAPH EXPO tradeshow that will take place October 3 - 6, 2010, in Chicago's McCormick Place South.
Free for attendees, the GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview, sponsored by American Printer magazine, will feature an interactive tour of just some the new equipment and products to be found at October's GRAPH EXPO; a listing of exhibitors who will be there; live networking and chat opportunities with vendors and other Virtual Preview attendees; plus, educational webinar sessions covering topics of interest to 11 key industry segments within the full spectrum of graphic communications professionals, from commercial and quick printers to book publishers, packaging printers and converters, mailing and fulfillment professionals, newspaper printers and publishers, creative service professionals and more. Because GRAPH EXPO will host visitors not just from the English-speaking Americas and the Caribbean but also Mexico, Latin America and the Dominican Republic, visitors to GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview will have the option of participating in the online event in English or in Spanish.
On the day of the Virtual Preview, August 19, registrants will visit a designated URL through their Web browser. Once the site confirms that a user has the appropriate programs installed on their computer to view all of the Virtual Preview's special features, it will launch a page that "mirrors" the lobby of Chicago's McCormick Place South where a video on the Jumbotron screen will welcome and explain how visitors can access the different areas of the online event, including the virtual exhibit hall; virtual theater, featuring a multitude of educational sessions; and virtual lounge/chat room.
"Obviously nothing beats the actual GRAPH EXPO 2010 show when it comes to seeing new products and developments, discovering unique print applications, getting updated on industry trends and issues, and learning industry best practices. Thus the intent of GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview is to showcase what GRAPH EXPO is all about, ahead of time," explained Ralph Nappi, President of GASC. "With the Virtual Preview, returning GRAPH EXPO attendees will get a sneak peek at exciting new products and technologies that will be at the October show and begin planning how they can use their time at the show most effectively. And, for first-time GRAPH EXPO attendees, this online event is an ideal way to get a taste of the actual show and the full depth and breadth of vendors and equipment they'll find there-all while getting some valuable education on today's most pressing industry issues, trends, best practices, and on how to get the most out of attending GRAPH EXPO 2010."
Indeed, GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview will offer a variety of educational presentations in the virtual theater section, including:
* A keynote presentation podcast by a leading graphic communications industry executive
* Six educational webcast sessions covering topics of interest to the 11 attendee segments within the full spectrum of graphic communications professionals: commercial printers, in-plant printers, package and specialty printers, book printers and publishers, quick/instant printers, wide format printers/imagers, mailing and fulfillment professionals, transactional printers, newspaper printers and publishers, creative services professionals and print buyers
* A preview of the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference, which takes place the day before GRAPH EXPO 2010 opens on October 2
* A preview of candidates being considered for MUST SEE 'EMS recognition, a popular part of the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference that highlights the most influential trends and technologies to be found on the show floor
* A preview of companies and organizations being considered for "Positively Print" recognition, by the new print advocacy program launched by GASC to promote the power of print in the media mix, plus
* A special webcast on how to maximize your time at the physical tradeshow in Chicago, including a tutorial on using the pre-show planner tool to find unique applications, discover best industry practices, and how to participate in social networking to your maximum advantage before, during and after the physical show.
As an additional benefit, all content from GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview, including the educational presentations, will be archived and available until the start of GRAPH EXPO 2010. Those who registered for the virtual event will therefore be able to visit at any time to access any content, up until the physical GRAPH EXPO show.
GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview offers benefits for participating vendors as well. The event gives exhibitors a novel way to introduce themselves and their newest products ahead of GRAPH EXPO 2010, while also allowing them to meet and engage with interested attendees and learn from them exactly what technologies attendees at the actual show will be most interested in seeing.
For exhibitors interested in participating in GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview, they:
1. Must be an exhibitor in the GRAPH EXPO 2010 show, and
2. Will benefit by highlighting a new product that will be introduced for the first time in the Americas at GRAPH EXPO 2010.
For information about exhibiting in GRAPH EXPO 2010: A Virtual Preview, contact the GASC Sales Department at: 703/264-7200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To view exhibitor participation packages, visit: http://click.bsftransmit1.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=6618%7c646%7c86783&digest=rcwPIpZZl2qAgJ8F%2f8l4fA
Recognized as the commercial printing, publishing, mailing and transactional exposition for the Americas, GRAPH EXPO 2010 will offer the latest graphic communications technologies, equipment running live on the show floor, and education on the most in-demand products and profit-making opportunities. Attendees will find seven special interest pavilions on the show floor, including the brand-new News Print, dedicated exclusively to the newspaper publishing industry; PackPrint, covering package printing; Future Print, featuring printed electronics and RFID; the Mailing & Fulfillment Center, the industry's largest mailing event anywhere in the Americas; the second annual GREENspace, a showcase on sustainability and eco-friendly products and services; Prepress/Software-Design; and, Press/Finishing. GRAPH EXPO 2010, themed "The Next Generation of Print," will take place October 3 - 6, 2010, in Chicago, the epicenter of the print market.
For more information about GRAPH EXPO 2010 visit: www.graphexpo.com.