25th U.S. Public Printer to Keynote 2nd Annual WhatTheyThink Print CEO Forum
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Unique printer-only event scheduled for October 2-3 at Chicago's prestigious University Club
Lexington, Kentucky USA -- WhatTheyThink.com today reported that Robert C. Tapella, the 25th U.S. Public Printer, will be the keynote speaker at the second annual Print CEO Forum, scheduled for October 2nd and 3rd, 2010, at Chicago's prestigious University Club. This printer-only event is sponsored by manroland. Limo transportation to McCormick Place for Graph Expo will be provided on October 3rd.
"Bob Tapella has been in the Public Printer role for three years, since the retirement of his predecessor, Bruce James," said Randy Davidson, President, WhatTheyThink. "Although President Obama has chosen to appoint a new public printer, for whom the confirmation process in progress, we are delighted to have a keynote speaker with the knowledge and expertise that Bob brings to the table. Under his tenure, and that of Bruce James, the Government Printing Office was revolutionized, literally brought from the 19th to the 21st Century. In addition to adding digital toner printing and DI digital offset printing to the mix, the GPO has also established FDsys, a Web-based system that provides electronic access to a wide range of authenticated government documents. In addition, the GPO has taken a number of measures to reduce its environmental footprint. We expect a lively and interactive presentation that will not only cover the many changes at the GPO, but provide insight for Print CEOs as to how some of these initiatives can be utilized in their own businesses. We encourage you to register early as attendance will be limited."
WhatTheyThink has arranged a limited number of rooms at the University Club, should attendees wish to take advantage of the convenience of staying at this exclusive venue during the Forum.
The Print CEO Forum, which opens Saturday, October 2nd, at 8:30 AM and concludes at 11:30 AM on Sunday, features a wide range of industry thought leaders speaking about highly relevant topics for print business owners and managers. Each session will conclude with two to three specific takeaways that can benefit any business in the industry.
"Our agenda is shaping up rapidly," said Cary Sherburne, Senior Editor, WhatTheyThink, "and we are very excited about the strategic level of content that will be included in the second annual Print CEO Forum. This year's event is a not-to-be-missed event for any print business owner or manager looking to accelerate business growth in an environment that is still challenging."
Confirmed speakers include:
- Robert Tapella, U.S. Public Printer;
- Joseph P. Morgan, Jr., President & Chief Executive Officer of Standard Register, a nearly $800 million, 98-year-old company in the midst of reinventing itself,
- Wendy Cebula, president of Vistaprint's North American business unit; the company is often cited as one of the industry's most astonishing success stories;
- Dr. Joe Webb, Director of WhatTheyThink's Economics and Research Center;
- Barbara Pellow, Group Director of research firm InfoTrends and digital media pioneer;
- Marc Monseau, Director of Corporate Communication and Social Media for Johnson & Johnson, responsible for a wide range of activities related to the social web, including the development and management of different online initiatives that protect and enhance the image and reputation of the corporation;
- Peter Schaefer, New Direction Partners, an expert in printing industry mergers and acquisitions;
- Peter Nowak and a panel of "green" printers discussing green strategies for improving profits
- Margie Dana of Print Buyers International and a panel of high-profile marketing executives discussing the role of print in the modern media mix;
- Paul Reilly and Jim Russell of New Direction Partners, experts in succession planning for printing businesses.
To register for the event and for more details, visit PrintCEOForum.com. WhatTheyThink will be communicating further details as they are available via press release, the Forum's web site and other means.
"While this is a printer-only event," said Davidson, "we are pleased that manroland has agreed to be our sponsor this year, allowing us to grow this exclusive event and make it even more valuable to attendees than last year."
WhatTheyThink is the printing and publishing industry's leading media organization; offering a wide range of publications delivering unbiased, real-time market intelligence, industry news, economic and trend analysis, peer-to-peer communication, and special reports on emerging technology and critical events. WhatTheyThink also hosts webinars and live events as well as providing content through a syndication program, which delivers content directly to related websites.
manroland Inc., a division of manroland AG, is the world's second largest printing systems manufacturer and the world's market leader in web offset. manroland employs almost 8,700 people and has annual sales of some Euro 1.7 billion with an export share of almost 80%. Web and sheetfed offset presses provide solutions for publishing, commercial and packaging printing. For more information visit the web site at www.manroland.us.com.