Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us

Market Intelligence for Printing and Publishing

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     M&A Trends     Production Inkjet     Installations and Placements Tracker

Torraspapel purchases 86% certified pulp in 2009

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Press release from the issuing company

All the pulp used for producing its papers comes from certified or controlled sources in accordance with PEFC and FSC certifications.

Torraspapel, part of the Lecta Group, guarantees the sustainable origin of the wood it uses to manufacture its products and can document that this wood comes only from legal and uncontroversial sources, all either certified or controlled. Proof of this is the securing of multi-site PEFC and FSC chain-of-custody certifications for all of its operations and product lines.

Torraspapel has significantly increased the purchase of pulp sourced from certified forest plantations, reaching 86% in the year 2009, thus actively contributing to the forest certification process. The remaining 14% comes from controlled sources accepted by the certifications themselves. In this way, the company has advanced, and even surpassed, the objective set out in its 2008 Environmental Report of 70% in the purchase of certified pulp for 2010.




Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved