Agfa's new inkjet solutions at Sign Expo 2010
Thursday, April 08, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Orlando, FL (Sign Expo booth #972) - Agfa Graphics today announced that attendees at the International Sign Association's Sign Expo 2010 (April 8th - 10th, Orlando) will get the first look at its newly-expanded portfolio of inkjet systems. Today, Agfa has something for everyone from entry- to mid-level options as well as high-volume production systems.
Visitors to Agfa's booth (#972) will learn about Agfa's entry :Anapurna UV inkjet systems designed to produce photo-quality output on a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications, the newly-added :Jeti large-format inkjet systems and the :M-Press TIGER, the high-speed, flatbed industrial inkjet press (co-developed with Thieme) capable of producing large-format screen printing applications of almost any run-length with greater cost efficiency.
"Agfa has assembled the most dynamic and diverse portfolios of inkjet systems and presses on the market today," said Peter Wilkens, President, Agfa Graphics, North America. "Agfa's solutions are designed to make organizations of virtually any size more productive, more efficient, more reliable and most importantly more profitable."
Agfa will demonstrate the following inkjet offerings in booth 972 at the annual expo and conference:
• The new :Jeti 1224 UV HDC (High Definition Color) is built on a solid steel platform and features a unique, linear motor driven vacuum bed for highly accurate dot placement in both flat bed mode or with the optional roll-to-roll (RTR) feature.The :Jeti 1224 UV HDC's flatbed architecture can print on anything up to two inches thick and with its industrial grade construction can support media rolls up to 250 lbs. The :Jeti 1224 UV HDC is the first :Jeti printer to use the Ricoh Gen 4 variable grayscale print head technology. Agfa has created advanced waveform designs and introduced the :Anuvia HD ink technology (as used on the Agfa :M-Press TIGER) to drive the Ricoh heads up to 30 KHz in binary and 13KHz in grayscale. With 4 color and white as standard the :Jeti 1224 UV HDC delivers equivalent speeds in both binary and grayscale modes at resolutions up to 1200 dpi
• :Jeti 3324 Aquajet -- the #1 fabric printer on the market, the :Jeti Aquajet prints up to 10.5 feet wide with production speeds of more than 400 ft²/hr. It's a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly alternative to solvent-based fabric technologies
• :M-Press TIGER is a high-speed flatbed inkjet press co-developed by Thieme and Agfa, featuring new printhead technology, auto head positioning and tuning, :M-Press TIGER can print 17,000 ft an hour. The :M-Press TIGER is the perfect solution for high volume POP providers and other traditional screen printing applications.
• :Anapurna M² -- a heavy-duty industrial UV-inkjet printer designed to produce top-quality output (up to 720 x 1440 dpi) on a wide range of rigid and roll-to-roll media
• :Anapurna Mw -- adds single-pass pre-white and multi-pass post-white for printing on transparent material, backlit applications, or printing white as a spot color.