Pitney Bowes to unveil new customer communications solutions at Postal Forum
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Stamford, CT – Pitney Bowes Inc. announced today it will unveil its newest mid-range mail and customer communications solutions at the 2010 National Postal Forum. The Forum runs from April 11-14 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Pitney Bowes will exhibit at Booth #250.
Designed as the successor to the market-leading DM Series of mailing systems, the high-tech customer communications solutions that Pitney Bowes will reveal are packed with a wide array of capabilities previously unknown in the mid-range market segment, including ones that can help customers grow their businesses.
Specific details will be announced at the show on Monday, April 12, 2010.
The Forum is the largest gathering of mailing industry executives and companies every year. The 2010 event will take place against the backdrop of the U.S. Postal Service contemplating significant changes to its business model as mail volumes continue to shift in response to changing consumer and business communication styles.
Anticipating the upcoming convention, Pitney Bowes Chairman, President and CEO Murray Martin said: "It makes perfect sense that, as Pitney Bowes celebrates its 90th birthday, we will demonstrate once again the power of great innovations. We want the National Postal Forum audience to be the very first to see the latest game-changing technologies created, nurtured and launched by the undisputed industry leader."
In addition to its newest solutions, other exciting Pitney Bowes hardware, software, services and solutions on display at the National Postal Forum include:
- The IntelliJet Printing System, an exclusive Pitney Bowes solution that is powered by Production Intelligence, brings together high-speed digital color printing with high-speed, high-integrity inserting to produce transactional documents with superior production performance and cost optimization.
- The Olympus Single-Tier and Multi-Tier Sorter, which are both designed to help mailers take advantage of the latest U.S. Postal Service standards around Intelligent Mail services.
- Software solutions including DFWorks Automated Document Factory solutions, to help customers operate their document factories at extremely high levels of productivity and integrity, and Production Intelligence Output Management
Solutions to get the most out of every single mailpiece regardless of the date or location of its creation.
- The DI950 Integrated Document Printing Solution for mid-sized mailers. With integrated printing, the DI950 can help optimize the mailstream by creating, formatting, printing, inserting and metering in one solution.
- Designed to print up to 30,000 mail pieces per hour, the AddressRight DA95f Addressing System with fixed-head technology offers black-and-white and color printing. Used in tandem with Pitney Bowes's AddressRight Pro solution with VeriMove Net, businesses can target customers with powerful, easy-to-use software that cleanses and updates existing lists including USPS Change of Address data while taking advantage of postal discounts.
- The booth will also contain Pitney Bowes's SendSuite Distribution Solutions. The portfolio includes the new SendSuite Tracking Solution for inbound tracking applications, which can help customers manage the flow of packages and accountable mail from global facilities received from carriers and internal package shipments. In addition, the portfolio includes SendSuite Shipping
Solutions and SendSuite Desktop Solutions.
- Pitney Bowes Business Insight's Enterprise Address Management software enables organizations to manage address quality. This innovative solution provides an automated, closed-loop approach that connects address owners with customers, postal records and real-time data, with the ability to cleanse, validate and update addresses at the source. Enterprise Address Management also drives savings and efficiency throughout the organization by utilizing track and trace within areas such as call centers, billing, customer support and marketing.
- trackmymail.com, a web-hosted application that uses Intelligent Mail barcode technology from the U.S. Postal Service to track and report the movement of mail through the mailstream to delivery in-home, as well as responses and payments returned to the mailer. The application also captures Address Change Service information, allowing mailers to learn which mail pieces had a change of address, were forwarded, or had undeliverable addresses.
A range of mail services solutions including international mail and package services, presort services for both First-Class letters and flats and for Standard Mail, and PresortXtra services for low- to medium-volume mailers.
Pitney Bowes experts will also be leading several of the learning sessions at the conference, sharing their industry knowledge and helping attendees get the most from their conference experience. Attendees interested in meeting and learning from the Pitney Bowes team are encouraged to participate in the following sessions:
- USPS Extra Services – When, Why and How – Sun., April 11, 10:30 a.m.
- Hiring and Interviewing – Mon., April 12, 10:00 a.m.
- Is Your Mail in Shape? – Mon., April 12, 11:15 a.m.
- Move Update Requirement and Merlin/PBV Testing (peer-to-peer roundtable) – Tue., April 13, 7:30 a.m.
- Address Quality – Product vs. Process – Tue., April 13, 2:00 p.m.
- The Top Ten Behaviors of Excellent Managers – Tue., April 13, 2:00 p.m.
- Maximizing Your Investment in Intelligent Mail – Tue., April 13, 3:15 p.m.
- Intelligent Mail Made Simple Through Outsourcing – Tue., April 13, 4:30 p.m.
- Maximize Cash Flow and Improve Responses with Reply Mail – Wed., April 14, 2:00 p.m.