Agfa to show cost saving solutions at America East
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Hershey, PA - Agfa Graphics announced today that it will be showing its portfolio of economical newspaper solutions at its booth (#90).
With the growing success of the :Advantage N series of platesetters for small to midsize newspapers and the :N92-VCF chemistry-free plate, Agfa is focused on working closely with the newspaper industry to address current business challenges. At this year's America East, Agfa will display solutions that will help newspapers save money, create additional value for their users and transition to greener printing. Agfa will demonstrate the following solutions at America East:
- The New - :Arkitex 7.0 provides a large number of important features newspapers have been asking for. This includes:
1. Soft proof comparison - Now users have the ability to highlight and see exactly what has changed between different versions of the same page. It's fast, simple and saves time
2. Advanced Fast Track - With new the 7.0, the Fast Track feature can completely generate the plan from incoming file names.
3. Soft/Hard Proof Furniture: Users can now include furniture on the plate that appears on the output you define: soft proof, hardcopy proof, or high resolution output. Placing special furniture on the soft proof such as alignment allows you to ensure that page files provided by outside customers are correctly positioned on the plate before imaging.
4. Flip Book Soft Proofing - Now users can quickly and efficiently "thumb through" the product to ensure everything is correct, a very valuable capability for commercial work and coldset printers.
- The New :Arkitex IntelliTune 5.0 - Automated image toning offers magazine-like quality on newsprint. It uses Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) to analyze the tone, color and spatial characteristics of each image and automatically applies the necessary corrections for the best reproduction on press. America East attendees will learn how the latest version of IntelliTune can automatically take productivity and quality to new heights.
- :Arkitex Essentials - New newspaper workflow designed with the needs of the small and medium newspaper in mind. Now the power of :Arkitex is available to all newspapers.
- :Arkitex Vantage - provides a centralized view of single or multiple :Arkitex workflow systems and their components as well as third-party systems. With new notification features Vantage can send out e-mails or SMS messages when defined errors occur. It provides a vantage point to monitor pre-press production lines and is a starting point for remote support interventions with instant feedback on overall system health.
- :Arkitex Analyst - includes enterprise-wide reporting to provide both real-time tracking information and post-production reports encompassing an entire newspaper production cycle. With a simple-to-use interface, no knowledge of SQL is needed to create custom production and hardware reports.
- :Arkitex OptiInk - Ink savings technology that automatically converts color spaces to ensure consistent printed colors. Using Smart Input Space Recognition technology the software effectively addresses many PDF/color problems. :Arkitex OptiInk also automatically converts spot colors into CMYK and processes them. With OptiInk, newspapers can save up to 30% of their ink costs while attaining faster roll-up times and improved press stability.
- :Sublima - Provides higher print quality through higher screen ruling with no additional effort on press. It uses an XM screening technology to enhance and improve print quality.