2010 AppForum success proves vitality of digital print industry
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Rochester, NY - PODi, the Digital Printing Initiative, announced the successful completion of its 2010 Digital4Growth AppForum and is pleased to share the very positive view of the state of digital print which was evident at the event. "Our attendance was up 20% from 2009," says Caslon CEO and PODi President, Rab Govil of the conference which was held in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand January 25-27.
"That's an excellent indicator of the health of the digital print industry."
An on-site interactive poll of over 350 AppForum attendees showed that more than 66% saw significant growth in their digital print business even through 2009's tough environment, with almost a fifth seeing increases of over 25%. In contrast, only 4% saw their offset print businesses grow over 25%. "With numbers like these, it's clear why the market leaders are here, at the AppForum," says Caslon GM, David Erlandson. "This is the premier educational event for people who want to succeed with digital print."
The conference started with Rab Govil's inspiring and actionable Keynote look at the digital print industry. He presented an analysis of the print opportunity for the growing healthcare industry and identified how relevant print communications can have an impact on healthcare services and costs.
The Innovations That Drive Print keynote panel discussion, moderated by InfoTrends' Barb Pellow, was lively and punctuated by great examples of 3-D augmented reality and real-world applications for QR code technology, smart phones, and business communications. "Best AppForum ever," said Willie Brennan from Custom Print Now. "Why? Real time case studies. Great new ideas and real-life relevant apps. A good overview of social media, plus excellent speakers and networking." A sampling of some of the highly rated educational sessions with some of the attendee comments:
- Ted Raymond's in-depth presentation of Allegra's Best Practices Award winning case study for the Girl Scouts received high marks from an appreciative audience.
- Value Pricing with Waleed Ashoo, LithExcel and Joe Rickard, Intellective Solutions – "Amazing how much they were willing to share…Tremendously valuable!"
- Leveraging Marketing Sciences' Al Kennickell, Kennickell Print & Global and Kodak's Serge Grichmanoff were "dynamite speakers."
- Managing the Gap with ACCORD Management System's Bill Wagner was rated "…best presentation I've been to at any conference…and I've been to many."
- Jeff Sierra, Budco, and Ford Motor Company's Mark Bardusch outlined their highly successful direct mail program that boosted sales by 35.7%.
- The dynamic presentation Stepping into the Shoes of the Marketing Executive session by Katie Gilstrap, Sr. VP Marketing, First Market Bank, and Kate Dunn, DIG. "Best session on understanding the marketing executive I've been to in 3 years."
First time attendee Scott Cappel, from Sorrento Mesa says," I was stunned by the brilliance, creativity, and progressive thinking…I won't miss another." Additional first timer, Joyce Wallace from Access Business Group says," It felt like a true forum for users rather than some of the vendor-selling-heavy conferences that I've been to. I feel inspired to bring back many great ideas." Even international attendees, from ten far-flung countries, felt that the AppForum was "well worth the 5000 mile flight, well organized, great content, always relevant, terrific presentations."
PODi and Caslon would like to thank our fantastic attendees, inspiring speakers, and incredibly supportive sponsors for participating in the 2010 AppForum.