FedEx Office steps "Out of Office" with new blog
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
DALLAS, TX - FedEx Office (formerly FedEx Kinko's), a subsidiary of FedEx Corp., today launched Out of Office a blog designed to provide unexpected ideas for creative projects at home and on the job. Just in time for the busy holiday season, customers can turn to Out of Office for a fresh perspective on how to use FedEx Office products and services to plan parties, create quick and easy stocking stuffers or homemade gifts, and more. Even past the holidays and throughout the year, Out of Office will serve as a destination for readers who like to see where their imaginations can take them when they're allowed to be "out of office." The Out of Office blog is located at http://outofoffice.fedex.com.
"This blog is a wonderful opportunity for the team at FedEx Office to demonstrate the fun, creative and inspiring side of the company and our products and services," said Jenny Robertson, senior manager, Marketplace Communications and Events for FedEx Office and a regular contributor on Out of Office. "We also want to hear from our customers about ways they have used our services. Our team members and many customers tell us all the time that spiral binding isn't just for business meetings and a laminating machine has far more uses than protecting a sign, worksheet or business policy. We're excited to create a place to exchange ideas for creative projects."
In addition to Robertson, the blog is penned by a variety of regular contributors within FedEx Office, as well as guest contributors from around the FedEx family of companies. Topics that will be regularly featured on Out of Office include:
· Excellent Events: Projects and tips for planning creative and stylish events – such as dinner parties, birthday celebrations and even yard sales
· Holiday Hints: The FedEx Office twist on holiday-specific ideas, including personal gifts, decorations, and more
· Home Helper: Unique tips and tricks to decorate or organize the home
· Parent Projects: Creative ways to repurpose children's artwork, crafts and other family mementos into lasting home décor and memorabilia.
· Watercooler Wisdom: Tips to incorporate style and organization into the work environment.
· Business Builder: Unexpected solutions for challenges faced by businesses large and small.
· Templates & Tools: A collection of downloadable templates and idea instructions for select Out of Office projects.
In the future, readers can look forward to contests and give-aways, themed series, how-to videos, and the creative insights of guest bloggers and customers.
"We hope readers will visit Out of Office again and again, to find new ideas or share some of their own," said Robertson. "Whether they've just moved into their first home, are about to welcome their third child, or thinking about starting a side business, this blog will help our readers get their creative juices flowing."