HIFLEX Webshop offered as a plug-in module for content management system
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
International software provider HIFLEX offers its award-winning webshop solution as a plug-in module to the world's leading content management system (CMS), Drupal.
Drupal is a content management system (CMS) for web applications with which content can be edited, filtered and made available on the Internet. It consists of a core, which supplies the basic functionalities of the website, as well as an assortment of add-ons that can be combined for additional functionality. One feature that sets Drupal apart from other CMS solutions is their extensive developer community of thousands of programmers who regularly produce new modules with improved features and functions. These modules are provided free of charge as downloads from the Drupal website and can be utilized as the HIFLEX user chooses. Individual implementations are easily upgraded, making accessing and adapting the W2P storefront completely painless.
Drupal separates the content of a website from its layout, making it easy to change the look and feel of your webshop without extensive, time consuming changes. The template engine arranges content retrieved from a database into the framework of "themes", allowing users to easily control the appearance of their website on the Internet. Hundreds of different design templates are available for download. Simple activation of a new theme automatically transforms the entire layout of the webshop to which it is assigned, allowing you to eliminate the expensive services of internal or external designers. By using Drupal, even complex websites can be given a design makeover without having to worry about programming.
The Drupal CMS has been distributed as an open source package since 2001 and is currently supporting thousands of websites all over the world, including those of Yahoo, FedEx, Nike, Forbes, IBM, NASA, Sun Micro Systems, Novell and many others. Drupal is available in a total of 45 different languages.
HIFLEX provides its patented online estimation module as a Drupal plug-in, ensuring problem-free integration into the CMS environment. "The decision to implement the content management system Drupal and the integration of our online calculation functions as a plug-in module allows us to offer our webshop solution to customers at a significantly lower cost than would otherwise have been possible," says HIFLEX managing director Stefan Reichhart.
The administration and design of HIFLEX Webshop is handled through Drupal, which allows websites to be managed easily while maintaining a professional look and functionality. Individual layout elements can be activated or hidden, and selected items can be moved between the various page areas via drag-and-drop.
Drupal has also been optimized for interactions with search engines, offering a variety of tools to fine tune the search results for your website. "Clean URLs" and the strict separation of design and content help to ensure high rankings in all of the leading search engines.
Webshop can be tested online at www.bestprint24.com, a website designed specifically to demonstrate the extensive functionality of the HIFLEX Web2Print solution. The demo portal gives users a hands-on experience of how the customer is able to configure and order different products. Interested users are able to try the HIFLEX Webshop whenever, wherever, and as often as they wish. More information on HIFLEX Webshop and its administration through Drupal can be found on the HIFLEX website at www.hiflex.com/Web2Print.
HIFLEX Webshop and Drupal - a powerful combination!
* Drupal is an open-source content management system, so there are no costs to purchase the software.
* Drupal boasts a very comprehensive programming framework and a large online community which offers literally thousands of downloadable plug-in modules for free.
* HIFLEX Webshop is optimized for interaction with search engines: The strict separation of design and content helps to ensure top rankings.
* Hundreds of design templates in every conceivable style and color (so-called "themes") can be downloaded from the Internet for use with HIFLEX Webshop. A simple mouse click allows users to transform the whole appearance of their website.
* Comprehensive documentation: Countless books and video tutorials have been published on Drupal. Simply search for "Drupal" at Amazon or YouTube.
* Thousands of web developers have specialized solutions built around Drupal. You are almost guaranteed to find a local expert to assist you with the implementation of your more complex requirements.