Roland and customers win prestigious awards
Friday, November 06, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Clevedon - At the recent SGIA Expo in New Orleans, Roland and its customers were recognised with several of the industry's most prestigious international awards. Roland earned three DPI Product of the Year Awards while Roland customers won two André Schellenberg awards. Roland SGIA award winners include:
2009 DPI Product of the Year Awards
- Metallic Silver ECO-SOL MAX Ink – Digital Ink category
- VersaCAMM VP-i wide-format inkjet printer/cutters – Output: Poster Size category
- AdvancedJET AJ-i grand-format inkjet printers – Output: Grand-Format Roll to Roll Solvent & Latex category
2009 Andre Schellenberg Awards
- Gina Alexander Handbags – Textile category: Other. These fabric handbags featured custom graphics produced on Roland Hi-FI Express FP-740 74" sublimation printers.
- Luma Brite Mad Wrapper Lighted Vehicle Wrap – Unique Applications category: Digital Entry. Graphics for this illuminated vehicle wrap were produced on a Roland SOLJET PRO III XC-540 54" inkjet printer/cutter.
Entries for the DPI Product of the Year competition were judged on the Expo show floor by a team of digital imaging professionals. In the Output categories, entrants were required to submit a test print designed by SGIA intended to challenge the output device's capabilities. André Schellenberg Awards are widely recognized as the industry's most prominent forum for digital imagers to show off their best achievements for the year. Winners gain international acclaim and recognition for their dedication and talents. Since 1999, Roland has won eight DPI Product of the Year awards and Roland customers have taken home 16 Andre Schellenbergs including two Best in Show awards.
"The quality of work this year was exceptional. Judges in virtually every category told me the entries were so good that choosing winners was a real challenge," said Johnny Shell, SGIA's vice president of technical services.
"These industry competitions recognize the best of what the digital imaging industry has to offer and we are very proud to receive so many honours this year," said Rick Scrimger, vice president and general manager for Roland DGA Corp. "We congratulate our Andre Schellenberg winners whose imagination and creativity demonstrate the power of Roland technology when placed in the hands of world-class professionals."