Unisource to host 20th consecutive Chicago paper show
Monday, October 19, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
NORCROSS, GA – Unisource Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading distributors of paper, packaging and facility supplies in North America, is hosting its annual Unisource Chicago Paper Show on Tuesday, October 20, 2009, at the historic Hilton Chicago Hotel, in downtown Chicago, IL.
"Unisource is honored to host our 20th consecutive Chicago Paper Show," said Glenn Barton, Senior Vice President of Sales for Unisource. "The longevity of this event is testament that the American paper manufacturing and distribution industry will continue to meet the challenges of new mediums for communicating," said Barton. "We remain optimistic that the future of paper – as a means for delivering effective messaging – will continue to evolve and that the industry will always remain a vital part of the U.S. economy."
The Unisource Chicago Paper Show has become the largest and most established graphic design event in the country that is sponsored by a paper distributor. The show – an invitation-only exclusive event – attracts approximately 1,000 of the leading designers and commercial printers from around the Chicago area, one of the leading graphic arts markets in the U.S. In its 20-year history, the Unisource Chicago show has featured an Academy award winning film, a working letterpress, and the first photographer for Rolling Stone magazine.
"Having our 20th show in these challenging economic times sends a very positive message to the graphic arts community," said Andrew Dembitz, Director of Specification for Unisource. "This event sets Unisource Chicago apart from our competitors."
The 2009 Unisource Paper shows includes these featured exhibits:
• Mohawk Show Ten – A celebration of higher thinking in graphic design that combines brilliant design, intelligent paper selection and superior production.
• Photography. Book. Now. – NewPage is the primary sponsor of this juried book competition, celebrating the most creative, innovative and finest photography books using print-on-demand technologies.
• Chicago 50 Corporate Communications Show – Annuals reports, corporate brochures and sustainability reports, representing 50 of Chicago's finest companies and institutions.
• AIGA Chicago – The purpose of the American Institute of Graphic Arts is to advance design as a professional craft, strategic tool and vital cultural force.
• Marwen Student Show – Marwen provides high-quality visual arts, education, college planning and career development programs – all free of charge – to Chicago's underserved youth in grades 6-12. Unisource has been a corporate sponsor of Marwen for more than ten years and will support them again through this event by asking all those who attend to donate their $10 admission to this art foundation. Over the years, Unisource has donated more than $100,000 to Marwen through the Unisource Chicago Paper Show.
The show also includes environmental exhibitions by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
The 2009 Unisource Chicago Paper Show is supported by the some of the world's leading paper mills including: Crane & Co., CTI Paper USA, Domtar Corporation, FiberMark, Finch Paper, Grupo Portucel Soporcel, MeadWestvaco, Mohawk Fine Papers, National Envelope, Neenah Paper, NewPage, Reich Paper, Sappi Fine Paper, Wausau Paper and Yupo.