designthing ensures perfect, print ready artwork every time
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
London, UK – Announcing the launch of designthing, a brand new web-2-print widget that ensures perfect, print ready artwork every time.
designthing is a web application that fits seamlessly into an existing web site, allowing customers to design and customize products in their browser. It can be used to design business cards, letterheads, t-shirts, promotional items and more, all with an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that will flatter anyone's design skills.
designthing produces print-ready artwork in customizable sizes with full bleed. It acts as a digital proof, so that users can immediately see what their output will look like. It performs all the preflight checks and will tell the customer in easy to understand terms what errors there are and how to solve them. It allows customers to produce true artwork that prints beautifully.
Users will be able to:
- Select from professional pre-built templates, either as a whole, or just the elements they like.
- Add symbols, logos and shapes.
- Add text in a range of fonts: either a few words, or whole paragraphs of text.
- Add images.
- Re-arrange any element on the page, moving it, resizing it, rotating & reordering it.
- Change the colours and styles of anything, adding borders, gradients and glossiness.
- Save and retrieve their designs for future tweaking, or to re-order