EskoArtwork introduces ArtPro 9.5
Monday, September 28, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Gent (Belgium) - EskoArtwork announces a major new release of its most popular prepress editor, ArtPro 9.5. With more than 12,000 licenses worldwide, ArtPro has become the standard among companies involved with packaging and label prepress. Based on input from thousands of professional users, ArtPro 9.5 is now even easier to use, combining an updated user interface with new features. First users report increased productivity and efficiency, which saves them costs.
Further integration of ArtPro, the flagship product for label editing, with EskoArtwork's complete workflow portfolio has been a priority for the ArtPro 9.5 release. ArtPro 9.5 reads and writes native Esko Normalized PDF files and supports ArtiosCAD "intelligent dieline" (ARD) files, as well as the new Studio Toolkits' native formats. With support for Visualizer Ink Books, users are able to effortlessly preview finishing and enable layers of label designs in Visualizer, showing photo-realistic 3D mock-ups and dynamic print visualizations.
"Prepress professionals who need to prepare packaging designs into files ready for print production will consider ArtPro 9.5 an essential tool," comments Frank Adegeest, Director Tools Software Product Group. "We have added a new, modern user interface, a new generation of QA tools, improved connectivity to EskoArtwork workflow solutions, and better production support."
The new ArtPro 9.5 includes:
• New graphical user interface. ArtPro 9.5 is faster and easier to learn and use, with a new graphic user interface consistent with common desktop publishing applications. ArtPro 9.5 also offers experienced users more efficient ways to work with graphics. With its customizable short-cuts and dedicated workspaces, ArtPro 9.5 increases editing productivity.
• Direct and fast export to Esko Visualizer. With an instant link with Esko Visualizer, users can quickly and easily make virtual 3D mock-ups of packaging jobs-from folding cartons to flexible packaging. Thus, any mismatches between graphic and structural designs can be identified quickly, while complex special varnishes and finishing processes can be visualized and approved without risking misinterpretation.
• New ways to manage quality. ArtPro has a number of new features to ensure a job will print the way it is supposed to. For example, a new highlight filter identifies areas that need special attention, such as scum dots, screening conflicts or hairlines that might make output unusable. Users can rotate the design view to read text and view design content more easily, saving time and reducing proofing errors. An improved rendering of reversed content lets users see what will be printed before expensive proofs, plates or cylinders are produced.
• Tighter workflow integration increases productivity and assures jobs are correct the first time. ArtPro packaging and label artwork can now be viewed with the platform-independent BackStage Viewer. Users can view or compare jobs anywhere, anytime, and in any file format. New ArtiosCAD production support allows companies that produce folding cartons to seamlessly import the die manufacturing information (the "intelligent dieline") from ArtiosCAD, saving time and preventing errors. It also allows a wide range of files to be step-and-repeated either manually or semi-automatically.
• Dongle-free licensing system. ArtPro 9.5 does not require the use of a dongle to register the system. Thus, the software is easier to download and combine with other EskoArtwork products. The new registration system also allows users to subscribe to ArtPro on a month-to-month basis and eliminates downtime due to theft or inoperable dongles.
The best gets better
"We are continuously benchmarking our product features and technology against the demands of our customers, who are under increasing pressure to enhance productivity and reduce errors," adds Adegeest. "ArtPro 9.5 is the result of a close collaboration with our customers; we convert their requirements into comprehensive tools and useful improvements."
ArtPro 9.5 is available right now. During Labelexpo Europe, held in Brussels, September 23-26, visitors can follow live demonstrations of ArtPro 9.5 on the EskoArtwork stands 5B30 and 9F100.