TECHKON announces the Spectroject Spectro-Densitometer
Friday, September 25, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Danvers, MA – Today, TECHKON – the world leader in color and plate measurement technology and instrumentation – announces the TECHKON SpectroJet. Once again, TECHKON satisfies the rising worldwide demand for faster, easier, and more accurate color measurement tools for the press room. Engineered and designed on industry-leading proprietary technology, the TECHKON SpectroJet is a semi-automated scanning spectrophotometer for the pressroom. This new device is equipped with a switchable polarizing filter and can scan entire ink zone control strips in seconds – all while delivering spectral and density measurement data via an industry standard USB connection to a PC running TECHKON Expresso software.
The SpectroJet reduces non-productive set-up time and enables accurate and fast press adjustments. This translates into shorter make-ready, less paper and ink waste, and exacting color control.
Key advantages of the TECHKON SpectroJet include:
• Scan an ink zone control strips at a rate of six inches per second.
• Easily scan extremely small color patches.
• Use as a scanning device or as a hand-held for spot check measurements.
• G7 functionality with recommended CMY density ink zone adjustments to obtain neutral values according to G7 specifications.
• Ink zone control strip can be located and measured anywhere on the press sheet.
• Polarizing filter can be switched on/off with the touch of a button.
Ulrich Krzyminski, Managing Director of TECHKON GmbH says, "The SpectroJet glides effortlessly on four wheels, allowing it to deliver a high level of repeatability and accuracy. We've incorporated the same spectrophotometer engine – widely used with our Techkon handheld, scanning and In-line spectrophotometers – into this latest TECHKON scanning product. This strategy ensures excellent inter-instrument agreement throughout the entire TECHKON spectrophotometer product line".
The TECHKON SpectroJet is the latest addition to a product portfolio of powerful press room color measurement solutions. The SpectroJet extends the line of high-performance hand-held and scanning press room instruments that include:
• TECHKON SpectroDens – a highly accurate spectrophotometer and easy-to-use densitometer.
• TECHKON SpectroPlate – a high resolution digital microscope that measures dot percentage, screen angles, and dot gain transfer curves for traditional offset or process-less, chemistry-free printing plates.
• TECHKON SpectroDrive – a device that scans entire ink zone control strips in seconds while simultaneously sending spectral and density measurement data wirelessly to a PC running TECHKON Expresso software.