EskoArtwork continues to "Connect More!"
Friday, September 25, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Gent (Belgium) – EskoArtwork will present its "Connect More!" theme at Labelexpo Europe, from September 23rd through 26th in Brussels, through its growing network of industry partners. In addition to its presence at partner stands, EskoArtwork has stands in Hall 5, Stand 5B30 as well as in the Digital Experience Hall 9 on Stand 9F100.
"EskoArtwork is the leading supplier of innovative solutions for label, tag, packaging, commercial print and sign & display preproduction applications," comments Carsten Knudsen, CEO of EskoArtwork. "Visitors to the show will see us everywhere as prominent players in the tag and label industry recognize the importance of partnering and the unique strengths of the EskoArtwork suite of offerings for the specific needs of this market. We are extremely pleased with the array of partners that have lined up with us at this show. And we are developing further partnerships that can add value to customers."
EskoArtwork will be partnering at the show with the following industry leaders:
• Hewlett-Packard Company (stands 9G65 & 9G70). EskoArtwork will have a dedicated demo pod on the HP stand where it will demonstrate its label and tag design, prepress and workflow solutions. Special focus is placed on an integrated workflow automation demonstration of a label ordering and processing workflow with EskoArtwork BackStage, MIS providers CERM and Tailored Solutions' Label Traxx. EskoArtwork's color solution is embedded in the front end of the recently launched HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Presses that will be demonstrated on the HP stand. HP and EskoArtwork have a long-term partnering and pioneering relationship in digital print development for industrial applications such as labels and tags, and this cooperation has resulted in growth for the digital label print market. "With the latest version of the already successful HP SmartStream Labels and Packaging Print Server, HP and EskoArtwork continue to accelerate the significant growth of digital," said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo Division, HP. "The combination of this print server and the HP Indigo digital press line, the HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press and HP Indigo press ws4500, empowers label printers to pursue profitable growth with higher-volume, high-quality label and packaging production printing."
• CERM (stand 6F95). EskoArtwork has a strong relationship with integration partners like CERM that are specialized in JDF automation for the label industry. CERM and EskoArtwork will be jointly demonstrating integrated solutions such as the one implemented at France's CIPPI award-winning 5Sept Etiquette. A similar setup focused on digital printing will be shown on the HP stand, as well as on the stand of Codimag, the French label press manufacturer. Demonstrations will feature the JDF-compliant integration of CERM MIS system with EskoArtwork BackStage.
• Codimag (stand 11R30). French label press manufacturer Codimag will be demonstrating a live integrated workflow from design through prepress, offset and flexo platemaking and production heavily dependent upon EskoArtwork solutions. This demonstration will be based on the collaboration between EskoArtwork, Codimag, Agfa, CERM, and CIPPI award-winning French label manufacturer 5Sept Etiquette. An EskoArtwork application specialist will be demonstrating the range of software solutions for the label and tag industry.
• Dantex (stand 5D20). Dantex is EskoArtwork's OEM partner for digital flexo platesetters. A Dantex CDI platesetter, powered by EskoArtwork, will be imaging letterpress plates on the Dantex stand. Dantex will also demonstrate HD Flexo print results produced by their customers.
• Durst (stand 9H75). Durst recently announced the Tau 150 Label Printing Press and the Rotoworx 330 Finishing System as an end-to-end label manufacturing solution. The Tau 150 includes an EskoArtwork digital front end (DFE) with integrated FlexRip, Kaleidoscope and DeskPack modules. This powerful end-to-end solution includes prepress workflow software, a high speed liquid UV ink label press with variable data printing capability and a matching die-cutting and lamination unit. The solution is dedicated to the special requirements of short-run label production market and will be demonstrated in the Durst stand.
• EFITM (stand 9H50). At Labelexpo, EskoArtwork FlexProof/E powered by EFI Bestcolor technology, will drive inkjet proofing devices directly without the need for an additional software RIP. The operator can be sure that the proof from FlexProof/E is created from exactly the same data as for the final production plate. In addition, the EskoArtwork software will be used to enhance the productivity of EFI's Jetrion 4000 full-color label press.
• Epson (stand 9G60). EPSON proofers are standard devices for quality proofing in the industry. EPSON's new white ink unit (SP-WT7900) that will be demonstrated at Labelexpo is especially suited for label and tag applications. EskoArtwork and EPSON are long-time partners, and EskoArtwork will be present at EPSON's stand. On two workstations, its color management and proofing solutions linked to EPSON devices are demonstrated along with other prepress and printing software applications from EskoArtwork.
• ExxonMobil Chemical (stand 5B15). EskoArtwork will be demonstrating the "Color Guarantee" in proofing for digital label converters, a complete solution for assuring color accurate digital label printing. This bundled solution is based on PacVantage software and technology and enables digital printers to produce color guaranteed proofs on their inkjet printers, avoiding the need for proofing on the press. This unique solution increases the productivity and uptime of digital label presses. It's the result of the long-term joint efforts of EskoArtwork and the Films Business of ExxonMobil Chemical. PacVantage samples will be available at the EskoArtwork stand in the Digital Experience Hall 9 and on its color corner on the stand in hall 5.
• Gallus (stand 5B50). Gallus will be demonstrating an EskoArtwork CDI Spark 2120 digital flexo platemaker. Screeny digital screen plates will be imaged on the CDI live at the show. In addition, Gallus also will be using EskoArtwork HD Flexo technology on two presses in the stand: a Gallus RCS 330 Offset / Flexo Combination press and the brand-new granite based Gallus ECS 340 commodity label press.
• Nilpeter (stands 7L60 & 7L90). Leading narrow web press manufacturer Nilpeter has chosen EskoArtwork HD Flexo plates to demonstrate the consistent quality of Nilpeter flexo presses. Live samples will be produced at the show in the Nilpeter stands.
• Stork Prints (stand 12W10). Stork Prints will introduce its DSI press, a single-pass 4-color UV inkjet digital label press with in-line varnishing and die cutting. This press will be on display in its stand, featuring an EskoArtwork DFE for prepress workflow and color management.
• Sun Chemical (stand 5E80). The integration of EskoArtwork color management software with the Sun Chemical SmartColour database will be demonstrated at Labelexpo Europe. The EskoArtwork color management software downloads full spectral ink profile information directly from the Sun Chemical SmartColour database of ink readings. This solution saves time and money for label converters by eliminating the need to fingerprint production presses for accurate color. Sun Chemical will also devote special attention to the newly launched solution on their stand. (More detailed information can be found in a separate press release)
"Being a strong driver and supporter of open industry standards, EskoArtwork has always attached a high value to connectivity when developing its systems and products," concludes Carsten Knudsen. "At Labelexpo Europe, a large number of companies are relying on EskoArtwork technology to enhance their business or production solutions. At the same time we are able to complement our solutions with components and expertise from other best-in-class companies. We strongly believe this benefits the industry by delivering true integrated solutions for the professional label and tag producers that help them become more competitive and profitable."