Canon U.S.A. spotlights how Canon and its partners can "advance business together"
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Las Vegas – Demonstrating how its technologies and solutions can help advance business, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital document imaging and office solutions, today opened its Integrated Solutions Showcase in Las Vegas. During this two-day, invitation- only expo, Canon will showcase its latest technological innovations for businesses, including the debut of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, a new document service platform that seamlessly blends hardware, software and services to advance modern business environments.
"At the Integrated Solutions Showcase, we will have the opportunity to show dealers, partners and end-users how they can utilize Canon's technology and innovation to advance their business and help make them more productive, more efficient and more cost-effective, all while achieving a higher level of quality and document management control," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. "With the debut of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, our customers and partners will be introduced to a whole new way of streamlining and simplifying business practices."
On the show floor at this year's event, attendees will be able to experience how Canon's robust array of solutions can help advance personal productivity, enterprise management, high volume production and serviceability, while raising the benchmark on innovation.
Advancing Personal Productivity
Extending the usability and capabilities of one's total document imaging and management is the key to advancing personal productivity. At the Showcase, Canon will display a variety of new and existing hardware and software solutions, including the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, which will help increase the personal productivity of knowledge workers through greater efficiency, including:
• Canon's new customizable User Interface designed to further simplify user access to system functionality
• New Advanced Box capabilities that provide a collaborative workspace for the sharing of documents across any sized enterprise
• Canon's imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop software (part of imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials) uniquely bringing device capabilities directly to the user's desktop
• Direct integration with Microsoft SharePoint Server and Adobe workflow
• Partners, including eCopy, that will demonstrate how their applications, such as eCopy ShareScan and PaperWorks, can be seamlessly integrated into customer workflows to simplify the steps needed to effectively manage paper in the office.
Advancing Enterprise Management
Managing and controlling document output and resources on a business's network and throughout an organization is a top priority for users, enterprise IT administrators and overall business decision-makers. In this area, Canon will show how the Company's solutions can help manage output more effectively, provide improved device administration and track usage through a number of solutions, including:
• uniFLOW Output Manager, a modular, intelligent and highly scalable print management application
• imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials Tracker, a cost recovery and usage management solution designed for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series and based on Canon's proprietary MEAP (Multifunction Embedded Application Platform) technology
• Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management ES Integration, which allows for the secure creation and control of PDF document policies for documents scanned at the device
• imageWARE Secure Audit Manager, a security software solution that provides capture, archive and audit capabilities for Canon-branded device activities.
Advancing High-Volume Production
From mid-volume departments to high-volume organizations and production printers, customer needs continue to increase every day. To help handle the rapidly changing demands of these diverse environments, Canon has a number of production-level solutions to help these businesses, including:
• imageWARE PrePress Manager, a comprehensive document make-ready and production workflow tool designed to simplify the document publishing process
• EFI MicroPRESS server technology, which working in conjunction with Canon-branded solutions, can help maximize productivity and efficiency by effectively clustering output devices into one virtual printer
• imagePROGRAF Poster Artist, which used with one of Canon's award-winning imagePROGRAF large format printers can help in-house or external print providers deliver professional poster creation services easily and cost-effectively.
Canon's advanced solutions facilitate enhanced diagnostics and easier device accessibility for end-users, administrators and service organizations. At the Showcase, Canon will display how the imageRUNNER ADVANCE's technology design and the following solutions will help to reduce downtime and total cost of ownership.
- Canon's Managed Document Services, a worldwide unified service for outsourced print and document services
- imageWARE Remote integration with e-automate which creates end-to-end automation for collecting and processing meter data, as well as integrating real-time service alerts and service dispatch notification
- Canon's Content Delivery System, which when used with the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, helps deliver systems and firmware updates directly to the device, saving time and the expense of having a technician visit a location and manually load updates.
Keynote Addresses and Breakout Sessions
Also, during this year's Integrated Solutions Showcase, Canon is pleased to offer two keynote addresses and a number of breakout sessions which will explore key issues facing the industry today.
The keynote addresses scheduled for the Integrated Solutions Showcase include:
• Day One Keynote Address – "Imaging for Today's Enterprise," Naresh Gupta, Adobe Systems Incorporated
• Day Two Keynote Address – "Smart MFPs: The Future Has Arrived," Don Dixon, Research Director, Gartner, Inc.
In addition, several breakout sessions will take place over the course of the Showcase, including:
• "Beyond the Purchase: True Cost of Ownership" – Phil Larson, assistant vice president/director, ISD Enterprise Operations, American Fidelity Assurance Group, and Marc Baker, senior manager, Division Building Assets, Comcast Corporation (Comcast Cable)
• "Document Distribution: Beyond Scan-to-Mail" – Edward Schmid, president and chief executive officer, eCopy
• "Panel Discussion: Meeting the Demand for Production Print" – Moderated by Jim Hamilton, Group Director, InfoTrends; Panelists – Richard Chow, American Institute for Foreign Study; Charles Cunningham, PrePress, Inc.; and Tammy Stone, Cedarville University
• "Total Print Management: An Untapped Source of Cost Savings" – Karsten Huster, president and chief executive officer, NT-Ware, Inc.
• "Canon as the Model Network Citizen: Device Management Made Simple" – Matt Weaver, network systems administrator, Geneva College
• "Outsourcing Do's and Dont's" – Thomas Lauzon, executive vice president and chief information officer, Health Plan of Michigan
• "Green Initiatives: It Isn't Easy Being Green – Or Is It?" – Christopher Kent, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency