HP Expands Information Workflow Solutions
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyPALO ALTO, Calif -- HP today announced an expanded portfolio of offerings for enterprise organizations seeking to drive efficiency, cost savings and environmental responsibility into their imaging and printing operations.
Designed to help enterprise customers optimize and manage their imaging and printing environments and improve document workflows, the new offerings include two high-speed scanners, extensibility platform capabilities, fleet management software, solutions for telecommuters, and five large-format devices.
"Companies are searching for ways to reduce costs, increase efficiency and improve environmental soundness," said David Murphy, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "The offerings announced today help customers meet their immediate challenges and provide a foundation for emerging stronger once the economy stabilizes."
Optimized infrastructures – for the office and the telecommuter
IDC estimates that by 2013 the telecommuter workforce will grow to nearly 10 million in the United States.(1) HP is making it easier for enterprise employees to work from home more effectively.
Through an HP Managed Print Services contract, IT-sponsored telecommuters receive an integrated bundle of technical support, a multifunction printer (MFP), up to three months of initial supplies and a convenient portal to replenish supplies over the life of the contract.
The solution provides IT managers with a consistent, cost-effective implementation of a home office printing environment. The telecommuter bundles include the recently announced HP Officejet Pro 8500 AiO Series as well as the HP LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP and HP LaserJet M1522n MFP. These highly reliable and productive devices offer low cost of ownership, low energy consumption and compact, space-saving sizes.
Optimize information capture with new scanners and software
HP has broadened its portfolio of dedicated enterprise scanners to meet the needs of document-intensive environments. New scanners include:
- The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000n Document Capture Workstation – featuring the HP Easy Select control panel – is an easy-to-use, shared, A4 sheet-fed document capture solution with fast, reliable paper handling and superb network manageability for large workgroups and enterprise customers. Designed to improve and simplify document workflows, the scanner attaches to the network through a direct Ethernet connection without a PC. With HP Precision Feed Technology,(2) users can quickly and securely capture and integrate a variety of sensitive hard-copy documents, such as loan applications, invoices and other records, into electronic workflows. Additionally, this ENERGY STAR version 1.1 qualified product helps customers reduce energy costs by using HP Web Jetadmin to preset sleep and wake modes.
- The HP Scanjet Enterprise 9000 Sheet-feed Scanner helps streamline document workflows. Working at speeds up to 60 pages per minute (ppm) and 120 images per minute (ipm), the scanner digitally automates business processes – all at a touch of a button. In addition, the PC-connected scanner ensures secure archival of hard-copy documents with HP Precision Feed Technology.(2) The scanner is ENERGY STAR qualified, compliant with the European Union's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive, mercury-free and can be managed by HP Web Jetadmin to preset sleep and wake modes to help reduce energy consumption.
HP Scanjet document scanners support a broad range of centralized and distributed document capture applications and address industry-specific needs through HP Solutions Business Partner Program for Imaging and Printing.
Optimize imaging and printing infrastructure with new large-format printing choices
HP's expanded large-format printer portfolio includes a range of new workgroup and multifunction printers and software solutions to improve connectivity, security and fleet management for office users, IT managers and production operators in midsize and enterprise businesses.
New devices include the HP Designjet T1120 SD-MFP, HP Designjet T1120 HD-MFP, HP Designjet 4520 HD-MFP and 4520 Scanner, HP Designjet T1120 Printer series and HP Designjet 4020/4520 Printer series. These offerings can save enterprises up to 15 to 30 percent off total large-format printing costs and provide up to 10 times faster response from click-to-print and improved overall print quality with crisper lines and smoother renders.(3)
HP Web Jetadmin seamlessly integrates the expanded HP Designjet portfolio within existing networks and allows large-format printing devices to be remotely managed as part of a diverse printing fleet. The new large-format printers, MFPs and software are integrated into the HP Managed Print Services offerings, enabling customers to reduce printing infrastructure costs, increase uptime and achieve predictable, consistent service delivery across multiple locations.
Secure fleet management of imaging and printing environments
HP's new management solutions and extensibility platform capabilities enable businesses to reliably, efficiently and cost-effectively manage high-volume business document processes. The offerings include:
- HP Web Jetadmin Enterprise Edition (EE) enables customers to efficiently and affordably manage HP and non-HP enterprise fleets, compatible HP and partner software and hardware, and customer-specific applications that lead to increased IT productivity and reduced costs. Web Jetadmin EE, a fee-based offering, offers industry-leading technical support, maintenance and services required to maintain enterprise device management environments. Available with the new platform are(4):
- HP Business Intelligence Module offers business intelligence reporting for imaging and printing device management.
- HP IT Operations Module improves IT operations with scalable performance.
- HP Advanced non-HP Device Support Module manages non-HP print and multifunction devices.
- HP Application Integration Module provides web services interfaces to HP Web Jetadmin, allowing IT applications to programmatically retrieve device lists, device status information and fleet notification.
- HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) and solution developer kits (SDKs) dramatically simplify the development and deployment of custom imaging and print solutions across HP's fleet of multifunction products. An industry first, the HP Solution Installer reduces the time and cost of deploying embedded solutions on a fleet of imaging and printing devices – in some cases from days to hours. In addition, OXP adds new management interfaces (OXP-Management) such that IT managers, system integrators and software solution providers can use web services to interact with HP Web Jetadmin to retrieve device information and status alerts.
- HP Web Jetadmin 10.2 helps administrators optimize device utilization, control color costs, set default PIN authentication, secure devices and streamline supplies management for HP and non-HP network peripherals. New features of HP Web Jetadmin 10.2 include enhanced remote management capabilities, improved device discovery and configuration and advanced supplies management that reduces maintenance time and overall device deployment costs. In addition, users can remotely schedule sleep and wake-up modes to conserve power and reduce energy consumption.
- HP Universal Print Driver 5.0, the award-winning,(5) feature-rich driver, now includes HP EasyColor, which optimizes color printing and improves print performance for image-intensive documents. In addition, users can set printing devices to automatic two-sided printing to reduce paper waste. Features in HP Web Jetadmin and Universal Print Driver software can set an organization's printers to duplex in a few simple keystrokes, saving up to 25 percent in paper costs.
Transform document workflows with information management solutions
HP provides a comprehensive suite of offerings to help businesses capture, create, secure, manage, retrieve and deliver documents. Using HP scanning and multifunction devices, enterprise customers can capture and deliver documents digitally – speeding up document-based workflows, eliminating the need for faxing and reducing the amount of paper the organization uses. Expanded solutions include:
- HP Output Server Solution offers new capabilities, including HP Smart Office Delivery, which delivers documents to all destination channels including printing, faxing and publishing to web and file servers, and HP Inbound Fax, which streamlines and automates the document process to improve inbound fax delivery efficiency. HP Output Server streamlines business processes and workflows by delivering a unified infrastructure that allows enterprises to centrally manage, transform and process business-critical information from any source to any destination – in a paper or digital format.
- HP Delivery Notification Solution for Manufacturing, powered by HP LaserJet MFPs, dramatically improves information shipping, tracking, billing and auditing processes for the manufacturing industry. Using partner software, this solution automates proof-of-goods delivery by scanning and capturing signed paper invoices and routing them through accounts receivable and customer service centers, enabling them to quickly receive status. This solution reduces inefficiencies and costs and improves customer satisfaction for manufacturers.
Document workflow demonstrations on solutions including TRIM, HP Exstream, HP Output Server, HP OXP, HP Web Jetadmin, HP Scanjets, HP Designjets, HP MFPs with Edgeline Technology, and HP LaserJet MFPs, as well as solutions from EDS, an HP company, will be presented at the AIIM Exposition and Conference in HP booth 1400.
More information on HP's expanded imaging and printing portfolio is available in an online press kit at http://www.hp.com/go/AIIM2009.
HP and the environment
For decades, HP has been an environmental leader, driving company stewardship through its HP Eco Solutions program, which spans product design, reuse and recycling as well as energy and resource efficiency. HP influences industry action by setting high environmental standards in its operations and supply chain by providing practical solutions to make it easier for customers to reduce their climate impact. More information is available at www.hp.com/ecosolutions.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved