Xerox Brings Collection of Digital Technology to On Demand
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyPHILADELPHIA Maintaining a relentless focus on the graphic communications industry, Xerox Corporation unveils advanced printing and workflow products and business development services to arm print providers with the expertise to stay viable and succeed in a challenging economy.
Driving the company's efforts in the printing industry is Gina Testa, newly-appointed vice president, Worldwide Graphic Communications Industry Business. Testa brings more than 25 years of experience in financial, operational, product delivery and marketing roles to the position. She created Xerox's ProfitAccelerator portfolio when she served as vice president of Xerox's Channel and Customer Business Development.
"While other vendors in the document imaging industry are limiting their presence at On Demand, Xerox is demonstrating its ability to support the graphic communications market with a mix of innovation, proven technology, software and services that help print providers capitalize on digital opportunities," said Testa.
New Offerings at On Demand
Xerox launches a host of offerings, many of which are on display at On Demand in booth No. 2000:
Powerful Digital Technology
• Printing 200 black-and-white images per minute, the Xerox Nuvera 200 EA Perfecting Production System excels at producing applications that require high image quality and sharp halftones, such as technical manuals, bills/statements and books.
• Shown as a technology demo, EX Print Server, powered by Fiery, and Command Workstation for the first time can connect directly to the iGen4 press to maximize productivity and deliver outstanding color accuracy and consistency with automated color management workflow.
• Soon to be available for iGen4 and iGen3 presses, Device Link Integrator enables direct importing of profiles from ORIS Press Matcher Pro into Xerox FreeFlow Print Server. These new features from Xerox and its business partner CGS Publishing Technologies International allow customers to use the full complement of FreeFlow Print Server color management and file submission features.
• A variety of finishing options for the Xerox 700 Digital Color Press and 4112/4127 family of products help print providers grow their business by expanding the range of applications that can be created, such as professionally finished calendars, brochures and booklets.
Tools to Make Workflow More Efficient
• Xerox FreeFlow Web Services 7.0, powered by Press-sense is a complete online print solution that lets print providers process job orders, manage production and stay connected with their customers. For print buyers, version 7.0 offers personalization capabilities and 24-hour access to quotes, PDF proofs and job status reports.
Smart Business Development Support
• Two New Business of Printing Business Development Services workshops will give print providers valuable marketing and financial insight.
o The Value Based Pricing workshop explores "value-based" versus "cost-plus" pricing. Print providers will learn how to capture incremental revenue on non-print services, such as database management, consulting, creative, mailing and fulfillment services.
o The How to Sell Direct Mail workshop provides the nuts and bolts to build and manage a successful direct-mail business, including how to produce simple to complex direct-mail applications and creating an effective marketing sales strategy.
• Sophie Vandebroek, Xerox's chief technology officer, will deliver an On Demand keynote address titled "Turning Inspiration into Critical Customer Assets," on Wednesday, April 1 from 8:45 – 9:45 a.m. in room 204 of the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Vandebroek will share how Xerox researchers dream with their customers to create the next generation of marking, materials, systems and services innovation.
• Real Business Live! presentations are available throughout the show in the Xerox booth on topics that help print providers become more efficient and effective – including color management, specialty imaging and touch-free workflows. Also scheduled are two special presentations by printing industry economist Dr. Joe Webb about renewing the printing industry. Attendees will also have a chance to "Chat Live" with members of the Xerox Innovation Group and provide input on future Xerox technology developments.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved