Printing Industries Seeking Education Awards Nominations
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyPittsburgh, PA -- Printing Industries of America is seeking to honor an academic educator and an industry trainer from the graphic communications field. Nominations for the Education Awards of Excellence are due May 15, 2009.
Now in their twenty-fifth year, the Education Awards of Excellence were established by Printing Industries of America as a way to recognize that the success of graphic arts education and training programs depends heavily on the motivation, enthusiasm, and leadership of those dedicated to teaching
Educators from all academic levels and instructors in all segments of the printing industry are eligible for the award, and nominees do not have to be Printing Industries of America members. Nominations for both academic educators and industry trainers are often merited by one or more of the following selection criteria:
1. A distinguished educational service provided as a direct result of the individual's leadership
2. A special education or training program that is attributed to the efforts of the individual
3. A significant educational project that was the result of the individual's efforts
4. A special display of graphic communications leadership at the local, state, or national level
5. A special educational or training accomplishment attributed to the individual
Unique contributions not covered by the selection criteria will also be considered, with more significance attached to contributions that go beyond routine professional responsibilities. Self-nominations are accepted. Previous winners are not eligible for a second award.
Nominations are judged by a selection committee comprised of educators and individuals from the graphic communications industry. The competition is not limited to the United States; educators of any nationality may enter.
The recipients will be honored at the 2009 GASC/Printing Industries of America Teacher's Conference, September 11-13 in Chicago, IL.
For more information on the Education Awards of Excellence, contact Deena Hower, Marketing Coordinator, at 412-259-1702 or email@example.com.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved