InfoPrint: Next-Generation Monochrome Solutions
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyBOULDER, Colo. -- InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture between IBM and Ricoh, today announced significant enhancements to its monochrome continuous forms print portfolio, offering improved productivity and increased flexibility for monochrome customers of all sizes. These enhancements are to its flagship models: the InfoPrint 4100 and the InfoPrint 100 and InfoPrint 75. This highlights the importance of monochrome as a flexible, cost-effective and sustainable print option, particularly important in current competitive environments as customers look to control costs and increase efficiency.
These latest enhancements have been produced by InfoPrint with ongoing investment and support from parent company Ricoh, particularly in toner development. The InfoPrint 4100 is ideal for customers in TransPromo, direct mail and service bureau environments while the InfoPrint 100 and InfoPrint 75 are aimed at small-to-medium size businesses (SMB), warehouses and datacenters.
"InfoPrint continues to enhance our offerings to match market conditions and to help meet the pain points our customers are feeling. Our high speed monochrome enables a variety of innovative data and image production, while keeping an eye on costs and environmental concerns," said Chris Reid, Director of Production Monochrome Solutions at InfoPrint. "Ricoh's continued investment highlights the significance of monochrome both for InfoPrint and to the market, as a sustainable, high speed solution that provides a new level of productivity, increased reliability and a variety of data options."
The InfoPrint 4100 continuous forms printer produces high quality monochrome output that is typically only available using cutsheet solutions. "It offers users broader paper selection options, now including mechanical pulp paper to improve its sustainability." The InfoPrint 4100 also delivers some of the highest speeds currently on the market for electrophotographic printers and allows for the production of more output with less operator time increasing productivity.
The feature enhancements for the InfoPrint 4100 are:
- New toner support – A new toner, co-developed by InfoPrint and Ricoh, allows customers to achieve lower cost of operation through improved toner yields and reduced downtime. Available for ultra high speed models, this toner offers higher superior fusing properties with cooler temperatures at the pre-heat platen and fusing station, higher optical density and excellent adhesion to a variety of media. This is aimed at meeting the demands of enterprise production centers printing high volumes of transactional statements, TransPromo documentations or publications
- Offers higher flexibility – the InfoPrint 4100 has been enhanced to support a wider range of paper options such as heavy weight stock at ultra high speeds in pinless mode. Expanded operation features, such as a universal top of form sensor, allow customers to be more flexible and provide faster turnaround. This is particularly important for service providers
- Improved throughput – several enhancements including new sensors that detect potential severe jam conditions, reduce overall downtime, improving throughput and productivity
The InfoPrint 100 and InfoPrint 75 continuous forms laser printers provide high throughput and print integrity and are ideal for SMBs printing client invoices, direct marketing mailings, labels and distribution center packing slips.
The feature enhancements for the InfoPrint 75 and InfoPrint are:
- Increased options of support technologies – these new models offer full support of Intelligent Print Data Stream (IPDS) which has become the standard for mission-critical printing. In addition to this, the InfoPrint 100 and InfoPrint 75 support PCL and PostScript
- Added language support – the InfoPrint 100 and InfoPrint 75 now support the operator panel and web page languages in Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Reliable, flexible and productive platform – ideal for customers such as datacenters, SMBs and warehouses producing client invoices, statements, picking slips, labels and direct marketing mailings
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved