Printing Association of Florida Announces 2009 Florida Print Awards Recipients
Monday, August 10, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyOrlando, Florida, – The "best of the best" in graphic communications were honored at the 22nd Annual Florida Print Awards on August 8, 2009. The Printing Association of Florida (PAF) presented awards to 61 Florida-based printing, graphic arts companies and schools during a banquet at the Loews Royal Pacific at Universal Orlando.
"Year after year, the quality of the submissions for the Florida Print Awards increases, raising the standard to which they are held," said George Ryan, president and CEO of PAF. "It seems like we say this every year, but the judges remarked how they were, once again, impressed with the entries submitted by PAF members and also said this year's competition was the toughest yet. We continue to be excited and encouraged by the level of excellence among our members and the quality of printing in the state of Florida."
Franklin Communications, LLC (Miami) received the coveted Golden Flamingo Award, presented each year to the company that wins the most first-place awards.
2009 Best of Show trophies were awarded to SunDance Graphics (Orlando), Division I; Coastal Printing, Inc. (Sarasota), Division II; and Rex Three, Inc. (Sunrise), Division III. xpedx and Mac Papers sponsored the Best of Show awards.
Flamingo Awards were presented in recognition of outstanding work in the following categories:
• Best of Show, Student Division – Lee Waters, Valencia Community College
• Best Annual Report sponsored by Heidelberg USA, Inc. – Roberts Printing, Clearwater
• Best Art Reproduction – SunDance Graphics, Orlando
• Best Digital Printing sponsored by Hewlett-Packard Company – Lauderdale Graphics, Miramar
• Best Poster – Franklin Communications LLC, Miami
• Best Printer's Self-Advertising – Southeastern Printing, Stuart
• Best Process Color Printing sponsored by FUJIFilm Graphics Systems USA – Progressive Communications, Lake Mary
• Best Small Press – Pear Tree Press, Ltd., Jamaica
• Best Special Treatment – Franklin Communications LLC, Miami
• Best Stationery Set – Rapid Press, Tallahassee
• Best Use of Color in Design – Southeastern Printing, Stuart
• Most Creative Use of Paper – SunDance Graphics, Orlando
• Best Web Press – Angstrom Graphics, Hollywood
Eight Florida schools and universities received awards, including Deltona High School (Deltona), Florida A&M University (Tallahassee), High Tech Center North (Cape Coral), Lake Weir High School (Ocala), Santa Fe Community College (Gainesville), Tampa Bay Technical High School (Tampa), Valencia Community College (Orlando) and West Boca Raton High School (Boca Raton).
Established in 1988, the Florida Print Awards is the printing industry's largest statewide graphic arts competition. It recognizes individuals, companies and organizations responsible for the creation or production of print communications. The competition promotes excellence in the industry and recognizes companies and individuals who produce the best in print media.
The Florida Print Awards provides association members, graphic artists and design students from the state of Florida to compete on a level playing field in 154 print and design categories. Entries are judged against those in the same division, allowing entrants to compete against other entrants of the same size and number of employees. For more information on the Florida Print Awards, contact Kathryn Stuart at 407-240-8009.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved