FlightAlert XT for Quark 8 Now Shipping
Monday, June 29, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyLondon, UK - XChange UK and ThePowerXChange websites, the sources for extended technology worldwide are pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of FlightAlert XT for QuarkXPress 8. FlightAlert XT combines on-the-fly error checking of QuarkXPress documents with one of the most powerful Collect For Output engines available.
FlightAlert scans QuarkXPress documents for the key problems that regularly waste time, money and film. It is unique among the error-checking products in that there is no need to invoke or apply FlightAlert. It operates in the background as users work making it an ideal solution for integration into busy production and prepress workflows.
FlightAlert can be set to scan on Open, Close, Save, Save As, Save Page as EPS and Collect for Output. By concentrating on the core of common problems, each FlightAlert scan is virtually instantaneous on small documents and takes a negligible amount of time even on large documents.
The problems recognised and reported by FlightAlert XT include:
* RGB elements that will not separate properly
* Unwanted spot colours that would waste film
* TIFF images with background set to 'None' that could cause jaggies
* Items with print suppressed
* Non-90 degree rotations that could cause problems for some RIPs
* Danger-sign text overflow (FlightAlert can ignore intentional and harmless overflow)
* Leftover positional graphics which will print low-res
* Missing or Modified Graphics
* EPS Files with missing Fonts
* Text with bold or Italic applied styles
* And many others
FlightAlert also contains one of the most powerful Collect For Output (CFO) facilities available to QuarkXPress users. In a single operation, it can optionally collect:
* All document fonts
* All fonts used in imported EPS files
* All imported graphics
* All components of DCS files
* Any EPS files nested within imported graphics
* Any regularly supplied or required external files such as House Style Rules
* Application or document preferences
Within the same C.F.O. operation, FlightAlert XT can also perform an automatic search for missing elements, include a customised set of output instructions, generate a document report and compress the collected items ready for transmission.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved