North American Launch of Screen Truepress Jet650UV at NPE
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. — Screen's commitment to print-on-demand efficiency for manufacturing processes will be demonstrated at NPE: The International Plastics Showcase, June 22-26 at McCormick Place in Chicago. NPE 2009 will mark the North American debut of the Screen Truepress Jet650UV industrial inkjet printing system.
With its versatile printing capabilities on plastic film, sheets and board, the Truepress Jet650UV is particularly well suited to the markets represented by attendees of NPE. In booth #109054, Screen (USA) will show the Truepress Jet650UV printing sample products, including instrument panels. Screen (USA) also will introduce flexible ultraviolet (UV) inks developed for the Truepress Jet650UV.
The highest resolution imaging and precise registration place the Truepress Jet650UV in a class by itself. The flatbed inkjet printer excels in production environments in which sharp image reproduction, high print density and front-to-back registration are crucial.
Inkjet printing does not require direct contact with the media. For industrial products, the Truepress Jet650UV provides a rich variety of realistic tones, defined gradients, translucent print for backlighting and crisp text on touch panels, dial faces, cellular phone cases, remote controls and meters.
The Truepress Jet650UV also is ideal for printing dashboards and instrument clusters found in automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, water craft and snowmobiles. Furthermore, the printing system fulfills the precision and visual confirmation requirements of membrane switches, labels and operation panels used in the manufacture of medical devices.
The Truepress Jet650UV easily accommodates the substrates, design and processing demands of sign and display printing. Additionally, it can print on film and flexible packaging materials for small-lot production of limited-run packages, test-market items and novelties. Employee IDs, security passes and membership cards are among the many applications that profit from the Truepress Jet650UV's vivid image reproduction.
Features of Truepress Jet650UV
- The Truepress Jet650UV features a bed size of 25.5 x 23.6 inches (650 mm x 600 mm) and a maximum output area of 25.3 x 23.3 inches (644 mm x 594 mm).
- The Truepress Jet650UV achieves a maximum speed of 201.5 square inches (1,300 square centimeters) per minute. It can output up to 45 sheets per hour when printing on 17.7 x 23.6-inch (450 mm x 600 mm) polycarbonate sheets.
- The Truepress Jet650UV prints directly onto media up to 1.96 inches (50 mm) thick.
- Maximum imaging resolution of 2,400 dpi x 2,400 dpi.
- With the multiple printhead array, up to 32 printheads can be installed.
- The eight-level grayscale inkjet heads vary the drop size from 6 picoliters to 42 picoliters.
- Comes standard with cyan, magenta, yellow and black inks; additional white, clear and black inks are optionally available.
- Highly flexible UV-curable inks developed by Screen are quickly dried by a high-intensity UV light source.
- The Screen-developed UV inks provide exceptional coverage and detail when printing on both sides of transparent media, overprinting on preprinted shells or using thick media.
Functions that support better quality
Adjustable height fittings and vacuum attachments make it easy to accurately position and secure the media for printing. A charge-coupled device (CCD) camera detects the media position and automatically adjusts the alignment if necessary. The printing table is equipped with a microscopic angle rotation feature. A temperature control mechanism keeps the inks at a uniform temperature to ensure consistent printing quality. A media cooler prevents heat emitted by the UV lamps from distorting the plastic substrate.
In addition, an automatic scanning device scans a test print for nozzles in the inkjet head. If clogged, a non-contact cleaning system cleans the inkjet head, preventing misfires and increasing the head's lifespan.
To see the Truepress Jet650UV in its first U.S. showing, visit the Screen (USA) booth #109054 at NPE 2009, June 22-26 at McCormick
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved