Xerox, XMPie capture 21 awards at Print 09
Monday, September 14, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyCHICAGO, IL – Digital print systems and software from Xerox Corporation and XMPie – a Xerox business unit – took home more than 20 awards at Print 09, the year's largest graphic communications event.
The companies garnered a total of eight honors in the annual "Must See 'ems" award program. In addition, Xerox earned 13 Gold Ink awards for excellence in digital printing technology in commercial print and graphic arts environments.
"Must See 'ems" award wins
The "Must See 'ems" awards, sponsored by PrintCom Consulting Group, are given to the most unique, innovative and compelling products and services on display at Print 09. Products and services are recognized based on an independent evaluation of competitive offerings. The awards are selected by a panel of print industry consultants and non-vendor related program participants. Xerox and XMPie winning products are:
· Xerox Automated Packaging Solution powered by Stora Enso Gallop (Worth-A-Look) – the fully-automated digital system, driven by the industry-leading Xerox iGen4 Press, prints at 110 pages per minute and is uniquely positioned to fill the needs of the packaging market with the largest sheet size (14.33" x 22.5") of any digital color press.
· Xerox iGen4 Press (Encore Must See 'ems) – a large sheet productivity license and EX Color Server powered by Fiery, both unveiled after the press debuted last year, are on display at the show.
· Xerox DocuColor 7002/8002 Digital Presses (Worth-A-Look) – announced in August, these systems print at 80 ppm and feature proprietary low-gloss toner that produces a smooth, matte finish for offset-quality prints. An in-line spectrophotometer, driving Xerox's Automated Color Quality Suite, enables quicker setup, better color stability and matching, and increased productivity.
· Xerox 700 Digital Color Press (Encore Worth-A-Look) – the system is significantly expanding print volume and revenue for thousands of global print providers in its first year on the market.
· Xerox 1300 Continuous Feed Printing System (Must See 'ems) – print providers competing in the high-speed, high-volume black-and-white market can now use the systems to print on light-weight media for jobs traditionally reserved for offset presses or heavy-weight media typically only used with cut-sheet systems.
· Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System with enhanced book finishing options (Must See 'ems) – leading the industry in image quality, speed and productivity, the Xerox Nuvera 288 EA Perfecting Production System paired with Lasermax Roll Systems DocuSheeter NV-R, CEM DocuCutt, C.P. Bourg Book Factory and Cover Driven Workflow is an end-to-end system ideal for the short-run digital publishing industry.
· Xerox 490/980 Color Continuous Feed Printing System (Worth-A-Look) – uses non-contact flash fusing technology to fuse images to the paper. In addition, the Xerox 490 uses breakthrough toner technology allowing for more precise image quality on prints requiring highly-detailed graphics, such as barcodes, photos and halftones.
· XMPie's uStore 3.5 (Encore Worth-A-Look) – the Web-to-print software allows print providers and marketing communications firms to host e-commerce enabled stores where end-users can log-on and create personalized marketing materials or e-mail campaigns on-demand.
The Xerox iGen4 220 Perfecting Press was named a Print 09 "Future of Print Product" at the "Must See 'ems" awards. By integrating two Xerox iGen4 110 engines in-line, it can print 220 impressions per minute and approach a monthly print volume of up to seven million impressions.
Gold Ink Awards
Xerox was also well represented in the annual Gold Ink Awards, sponsored by Publishing Executive and Printing Impressions. Xerox earned 13 awards, with top 'gold' honors going to printed pieces created with the Xerox 4112/4127 Enterprise Printing System and the Xerox 700 Digital Color Press. Other winning pieces were printed on the Xerox iGen4 press and the DocuColor 5000AP Digital Press.
The winning entries were chosen from more than 1,000 submissions and are judged by an independent panel of graphic artists, production managers and print buyers, who evaluate pieces based on quality of printing, technical difficulty and overall visual effectiveness.
The award-winning Xerox offerings are on display in Xerox's booth No. 1100; XMPie solutions are being shown in booth No. 1117.
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved