Xerox adds to industry-leading line of Nuvera Production Printers
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyCHICAGO – Xerox Corporation has strengthened its position as the leader in digital black-and-white production printing with the introduction of the Xerox Nuvera 200 and 288 MX Perfecting Production Systems. These MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) products – that print checks, rebate coupons and financial forms – extend the Xerox Nuvera platform to 10 products.
Also, the company launched new finishing options for the entire Xerox Nuvera line and enhancements to the Xerox Nuvera EA family.
"Last year, Xerox led the worldwide high-end black-and-white market with more than 70 percent of all production-class cut-sheet shipments, and is well positioned to sustain a leadership position by continuing to enhance its Nuvera portfolio," said Riley McNulty, research manager, IDC Production and Large Format Printing Service1.
Xerox Nuvera MX fleet offers cost-effective transactional printing
The Xerox Nuvera 200/288 MX Perfecting Production systems print at 200 and 288 images per minute, respectively, and deliver consistent, durable and secure transactional documents with high-caliber 4800 x 600 dpi image resolution. Xerox MICR technology enables reliable encoding for consistent scanning and reading by high-speed magnetic readers/sorters – required by the industry when processing printed negotiable documents.
Both systems use tandem architecture, meaning two print engines are designed and managed as one. A benefit of this design is "pass through programming" – this keeps the system running even if one of the engines needs service, providing maximum productivity and uptime.
Other features include:
• Check Production Integrity – an optional feature that automatically tracks the total number of checks in a run and captures every printed MICR line to determine if a number in a check sequence is missing, duplicated or out of order. This helps protect against duplication and theft of printed checks and diversion of blank check stock.
• Xerox MICR Check Guarantee – Xerox helps resolve any bank-reported MICR or reject rate problems.
• Xerox FreeFlow Print Server version 7.0 – the company's most powerful print server is now available on MICR systems; the server delivers expanded workflow capabilities and an easy-to-use interface that is common across all Nuvera systems.
Finishing options span entire Nuvera portfolio
New in-line finishing options for the Xerox Nuvera line – both EA and MICR systems – completes books and manuals and financial documents of varying sizes efficiently and cost effectively. Offerings include:
• DS 3500 stacker – automatically rotates and/or stacks up to 3,500 sheets of paper in-line, eliminating a separate finishing transport module.
• CEM DocuCutt – receives oversized sheets of paper, trims them to a specified book size and then feeds the book pages in-line to the Bourg Book Factory, optimizing cost and paper use.
• Duplo – DBM 5001 in-line booklet maker – provides an affordable 30-sheet booklet maker configured to produce full-bleed booklets with optional trim kit – available for all Xerox Nuvera printers.
The Xerox Nuvera 288 Perfecting Production System will be in Xerox's booth (No. 1100) at Print 09 – the year's leading graphic communications event, taking place Sept. 11 – 16 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
The Xerox Nuvera 200/288 MX Perfecting Production Systems are available Oct. 1 in North America and Nov. 1 worldwide.
The DS 3500 stacker and Duplo DBM 5001 are available Oct. 1 worldwide and the CEM DocuCutt is available Dec. 1 worldwide.
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved