TECHKON announces SpectroEdge in-line spectrophotometer
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyDanvers, MA – Today, TECHKON – the world leader in color and plate measurement technology and instrumentation – announced the SpectroEdge in-line spectrophotometer. Engineered and designed on industry-leading proprietary technology, the SpectroEdge in-line spectrophotometer is designed for on the fly closed loop color calibration of the printing press, industry best measurement speeds and precise color accuracy. With the press running, this new device measures appropriate color control bar patterns to provide spectrophotometric, density or color information. The result is real-time spectral data to the press operator and more accurate color on press.
With measurement speeds in excess of 1,000 feet per minute, the TECHKON SpectroEdge spectrophotometer dramatically reduces set-up time and enables accurate and rapid press adjustments. This translates into shorter make-ready, less paper and ink waste and exacting color control of the press – all without a single sheet pull.
Key advantages of the TECHKON SpectroEdge spectrophotometer include:
• Faster make-ready and less waste.
• Automatic ink adjustment recommendations.
• Precise color matching of CMYK and spot colors via spectral in-line measurement.
• Real-time press measurements at 1,000 feet per minute.
• Simultaneous measurement of L*a*b*, LCH and status T&E densities with the press at full speed.
• Less press downtime.
George Adam, President of TECHKON USA, explains, "The advent of closed loop color control and continuous color monitoring during the print job ensures the best possible prediction of what to expect on press. TECHKON engineers designed the SpectroEdge spectrophotometer to ensure the highest press productivity while maintaining accurate color."
The TECHKON SpectroEdge spectrophotometer represents a significant advance for printers looking to substantially increase productivity while lowering production costs. It is also the ideal extension to TECHKON hand held and scanning instruments that include:
• TECHKON SpectroDens – a highly accurate spectrophotometer and easy-to-use densitometer.
• TECHKON SpectroPlate – a high resolution digital microscope that measures dot percentage, screen angles, and dot gain transfer curves for traditional offset or process-less, chemistry-free printing plates.
• TECHKON SpectroDrive – a device that scans entire ink zone control strips in seconds while simultaneously sending spectral and density measurement data wirelessly to a PC running TECHKON Expresso software.
George Adam adds, "All TECHKON products use the same spectrophotometer engine. This proven technology ensures the TECHKON hand held SpectroDens and the TECHKON scanning SpectroDrive and TECHKON RS800 produce the same reliable readings as the in-line SpectroEdge spectrophotometer. Our customers can depend on our products to demonstrate excellent inter-instrument agreement."
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved