LithoTechnics to preview Metrix 3.7 at Print09
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyChicago, Illinois, – LithoTechnics Inc., developer of Metrix, the intelligent, automated job planning and imposition system, announced today that Metrix 3.7, slated for release in Q4 of 2009, will be demonstrated at Print09, in the LithoTechnics booth #7134, in the North Hall.
Metrix 3.7 has a host of new features designed to boost productivity and provide more ease-of-use. Additionally, Metrix 3.7 has new functionality to complement Metrix Server.
The new features include:
• Segmented exports for prepress: Layout(s), Layout Side(s).
• New user-definable text mark variables including some that pick up properties of the component they're positioned over. Perfect for automatically labeling signature numbers, etc.
• User-definable barcode marks (Max edition) that can be positioned anywhere on the sheet and pick up properties of the component they're positioned over. Both Code 128 and Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes are supported, and support for Muller Martini barcode algorithms are auto-magically built-in.
• For site license installations – access to a list of logged-in users.
• A new flag for working in a Metrix Server environment: "Needs Attention."
• New property for Collation Marks: Over Page Content = True/False.
• Three new Project Type tags, to help organize the database of projects: Estimate, Template, Production.
• Support for Fujifilm XMF workflow.
Rohan Holt, President of LithoTechnics, remarked: "With each release of Metrix we merge user requests with planned improvements, enhancing the user experience and delivering more value. Metrix 3.7 is no exception – in fact, even moreso – because it incorporates features required for Metrix Server, our new product aimed at eliminating human intervention from repetitive job planning and imposition tasks. We look forward to demonstrating Metrix 3.7 at Print09, to new customers and existing users alike."
The Metrix family includes Metrix Commercial, Metrix Max, Metrix X-8 and Metrix X-80, targeted at different segments of the commercial print market. The product line also includes Metrix Server, which fully automates planning, imposition, and finishing machine setup without any human intervention. All products are available on Mac OS X and Windows, and all plan and impose flat, folded, and bound work. Select Metrix editions can import JDF and export imposed PDF, and various forms of JDF for prepress and finishing. The Metrix family is available in English, German, Spanish, French, and Simplified Chinese.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved