xpedx expands print technology offer
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyCHICAGO - xpedx spent this year expanding its offer with the equipment and services North American printers have asked for. It's all going to be shown and discussed in the company's largest-ever exhibit at PRINT 09 in Chicago, booth 1221.
The company will demonstrate two new six-up and eight-up RYOBI presses that produce short-run color, specialty print and package printing. Ryobi's new LED-UV curing unit, also demonstrated, substantially cuts power costs and speeds print job completion.
xpedx will also demonstrate and discuss ways printers can become more efficient and enter profitable new markets with job estimating tools, pre-press software, bindery and mailing equipment from top manufacturers.
In addition, services for mid-size and large printers including inventory management, kitting and fulfillment-as well as specialized expertise on everything from print shop efficiencies to new market opportunities-will be spotlighted.
"Printers are deepening ties with their most important suppliers to become stronger and more profitable," said Steve Bowden, newly appointed executive vice president of sales and marketing for xpedx. "xpedx provides the services, equipment, supplies and collaborative support that printers need now."
xpedx serves small, mid-size and large commercial printers, specialty and package printers, high-volume/data center printers, in-plant printers and publishers from more than 230 locations across the U.S., Mexico and Canada. xpedx has a large network of experts in every aspect of print production, print management, information technology, packaging and facility maintenance.
Here is what xpedx is demonstrating and discussing with printers at PRINT 09:
• Prepress. Efficient prepress is essential today. The xpedx booth will demonstrate and discuss how workflow and color management technology such as Kodak Prinergy Connect, Agfa:Apogee X Prepress, Xitron Xenith Sierra, Epson 9900 with SpectroProofer and EFI Colorproof XF v4.0 can help add value and efficiencies to printers' businesses.
• Press. xpedx is the master distributor of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in the U.S. and now Canada. The 42-inch, eight-up RYOBI 1050-6 and the 31-inch, six-up 756G with power-saving LED-UV curing will make their North American debut at the xpedx booth. Both presses are six-color and fully automated with maximum speeds of up to 16,000 sheets per hour. xpedx and Ryobi say the presses will help printers significantly reduce makeready times, maximize operating efficiencies and expand into the package printing markets including flexo, corrugated and folding carton.
• Post press, fulfillment and mailing. Bindery, finishing and mailing services are rapidly evolving into high-efficiency profit centers. xpedx will demonstrate a strong lineup of postpress equipment including the FMA UV coater, Morgana DigiFold 5000p, new Secap QuikJet 36 Addressing System with Jet 1 Dual Headed Tabber and the new C.P. Bourg BSF document sheet feeder connected to the BME stitch/fold/trim booklet maker. xpedx will also discuss other equipment available in its broad post-press offering.
• Expansion of digital equipment offer. As digital print grows, so does the xpedx digital printing equipment portfolio. The company is highlighting its offer of the Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 digital color press, supported by digital finishing technology from FMA, C.P. Bourg, Morgana and Secap.
• Innovation in print job estimating, bidding and purchasing management. xpedx has teamed up with the industry's leading technology providers to offer the first-ever integration of real-time paper inventory and customer pricing in a print management system. Printers who have tested it report that it significantly reduces time spent on supplies procurement and management. It also enables them to quickly obtain critical data such as stock availability and pricing, improving the accuracy of print job pricing and bids.
• U.S. printing company owners, managers now visiting new Cincinnati print tech center. The new, 11,000-square-foot xpedx Technology Center features equipment and workflows from major suppliers including Ryobi, Mitsubishi Imaging, Kodak, Epson, Secap, Xitron, EFI, Konica-Minolta, FMA, Morgana and Agfa, as well as training, in a live print production environment. Printers from around the U.S. visit the center to test drive prepress, press and bindery equipment.
• xpedx Stores and xpedxstores.com assist the small printer. xpedx Stores reps will be on hand to discuss specialized services and equipment for small printers and franchise owners. xpedx has more than 125 stores across North America and printers with frequent small orders are rapidly adopting xpedxstores.com into their business.
• Specialized services for in-plants. xpedx understands that in-plant managers today need to provide their managers with hard evidence of effectiveness. xpedx consultants provide a comprehensive financial analysis of an in-plant's business-and how it compares to outsourced print. Projections on operating efficiency and return on invested capital are also provided to in-plant managers. xpedx will discuss its new website for in-plant printers, inhouseservices.xpedx.com, a new information sharing forum for in-plant facility managers and operators to help them expand into broader marketing support services.
• xpedx Canada expansion and Ryobi. xpedx Canada has announced an agreement with Ryobi Ltd., to be the exclusive provider of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in Canada. Its recent acquisition of Gould Paper Canada puts xpedx in major Western Canada markets. xpedx Canada has also expanded xpedx.ca to include real-time pricing, inventory availability and easy online ordering.
xpedx, a business of International Paper, is one of the largest business-to-business distribution companies in North America. xpedx distributes a wide variety of printing papers, graphics, packaging and janitorial-sanitary maintenance supplies and equipment to printers, manufacturers, retailers and high-traffic facilities across the U.S., Canada and Mexico. It is the master distributor of Ryobi-branded presses and peripherals in the U.S. and Canada. For more information visit xpedx.com.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved