Xerox 700 Digital Color Press generates profits for print providers worldwide
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyROCHESTER, N.Y., – Xerox Corporation's 700 Digital Color Press is significantly expanding print volume and revenue for thousands of global print providers in its first year on the market. Profitable applications include photo books, brochures, direct mail pieces, catalogs, calendars and postcards.
Revenue-producing successes with the Xerox 700 include:
· Commercial print provider generates new business – Coast Litho (C.L. Printing, Inc.), based in Oakland, Calif., produces short-run proofs for graphic designers, variable data postcards, full-color restaurant menus and custom artist exhibit brochures. The Xerox 700 has brought in new customers and driven digital revenue from previous offset-only customers.
· Photo print shop jumps into digital printing – photo specialty products are the fastest growing application for Harold's Photo Centers, Inc., a retail chain with eight locations in South Dakota and Iowa. They produce about 500,000 greeting cards annually, including 100,000 graduation cards in 2008.
"When film processing began to decline, we jumped into digital printing with both feet – and the Xerox 700 is making it work for us," said Bob Hanson, president, Harold's Photo Centers, Inc.
· Printer produces direct mail pieces with double-digit response rates – Ink Well Cleveland produced full-color, variable data marketing pieces for a local pizza shop, including appetizing photos and a coupon. The piece generated a 13 percent response rate and six other pizza franchises have signed up for similar direct mail campaigns, bringing in new business for Ink Well Cleveland.
· Marketing and technology agency to generate high-end marketing collateral – U.K.-based Magnet Harlequin selected the Xerox 700 to provide its globally recognized, brand name clients fast turnaround, high image quality and spot color accuracy. The press will be used to create high-end marketing collateral and documents, many of which will be personalized.
· Textbook publisher drives down overhead – Croatia-based Dvogled d.o.o. produces customized teachers' packs with transparencies quickly, cost effectively and in the exact quantity required. One job for 60,000 transparencies was turned around in four days. When produced on offset, there were significant costs for set-up, warehousing, and replacing outdated materials, resulting in a much higher cost per packs.
"The amount of digital production color page volume in North America will grow from nearly 10 percent of digital pages in 2008 to almost half of all digital pages printed – more than 325 billion pages – by 2017," said David Erlandson, general manager of consulting firm Caslon & Company. "Devices like the Xerox 700 can help print providers capture this market opportunity."
Tributes from the printing industry for the Xerox 700 include:
• Three Gold Ink Awards
• "Must See 'ems Encore" award in advance of Print 09
• "Editor's Choice" award in Better Buys for Business' 2009 High-Volume Printer & Digital Duplicator Guide
• DIMA "Digital Shoot Out Award"
• PMA "Innovation Award"
• "Must See 'ems" award at Graph Expo 2008
To showcase its versatility, Xerox will bring five Xerox 700 Digital Color Presses to Print 09, the year's largest graphic communications event, taking place Sept. 11-16 at Chicago's McCormick Place. Three systems will be on display in the Xerox booth, each with a different digital front end. Devices will also appear in the Fujifilm and Duplo USA booths.
The ENERGY STAR compliant device is designed to use less energy; allowing print providers to save on utility bills and help protect the environment.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved