Quad/Graphics to Advance Co-Mail Capabilities with IntelliTrim
Monday, May 12, 2008
Press release from the issuing companySUSSEX, WI (May 11, 2008) − Quad/Graphics is once again expanding its clients' postage-saving opportunities by advancing co-mail capabilities across its entire manufacturing platform. At the center of this strategic initiative is a new, patent-pending* IntelliTrimTM technology that allows multiple titles – each with their own unique trim size and page count – to be bound together on a single, conventional saddle stitcher.
"Quad/Graphics knows co-mailing," said Joel Quadracci, President & CEO of Quad/Graphics. "In the last year alone, we have co-mailed more than 1 billion catalogs, so we have already attained critical mass. Now, with the company-wide rollout of our new IntelliTrim technology, as many as three times the number of catalog clients will be able to participate in inline co-mailing. This massive scale creates the opportunity to offer clients an even larger share of savings."
IntelliTrim technology allows up to a one-inch variation in the face-to-backbone dimension with no limitation on the number of trim widths that can be accommodated in a single binding run. Each title can have its own unique face-to-backbone trim size and the variation from one title to the next is infinite within the one-inch range. Prior to IntelliTrim technology, trim sizes needed to be identical in order for clients to participate in inline co-mailing.
In addition to removing the trim size constraint, IntelliTrim technology also allows a 100-page variation in thickness from one copy to the next.
Quad/Graphics already is using its IntelliTrim technology on multiple stitching lines and the printer has an aggressive timetable for implementing the capability in all its plants.
Quad/Graphics' new IntelliTrim technology was jointly developed with QuadTech, the leader in printing technology R&D. The technology builds on the company's patented Multi-Blend technology which achieves co-mail savings by incorporating pre-bound catalog titles with other titles being produced inline. The benefits of the Multi-Blend process include flexibility in trim size, page count and binding styles.
Over its three decades of co-mailing experience, Quad/Graphics has distinguished its co-mail services in significant ways, including:
• Offering a variety of inline and offline programs, including the ability to inline co-mail as many as seven catalog titles at once.
• Developing co-mail partnerships for its clients and handling all logistics. Quad/Graphics' clients do not have to search for partners on their own or fear missing an opportunity to co-mail. Quad/Graphics does all the work.
• Providing co-mailing at the same facility where product is printed and bound, so no additional time needs to be built into a client's schedule – or money allocated for freight and fuel surcharges – to transport product to another facility for co-mail services.
• Having a dedicated corporate co-mail team as well as co-mail specialists in each Quad/Graphics plant.
• Allowing clients to choose in-home dates based on their business needs. Clients simply specify their in-home requirements and Quad/Graphics does the rest.
• Offering list enhancement services DSF2 (high-density CR-RT), Just-in-Time NCOALink and Add-a-Name as part of its comprehensive co-mail offering.
* U.S. Patent Nos. 7,096,088 and 7,333,878
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved