New Finishing Options For Xerox 4112/4127 Printing Systems
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Press release from the issuing company(May 13, 2008) Xerox Corporation has added new finishing options and an enhanced user interface to its Xerox 4112/4127 Copier/Printer and Xerox 4112/4127 Enterprise Printing System, providing production-level print functionality for a wide variety of jobs. The new inline finishing options make it possible for customers to produce workbooks, manuals and booklets with more pages and offers greater inline stacking capabilities to support a host of applications like billing, invoices or statements.
The 4112/4127 systems, which run at 110 and 125 pages per minute respectively, make it easier and more economical for print providers to produce brochures, course packs, customized marketing materials and statements without interruption. The systems serve print providers of all sizes from small quick print shops, educational institutions and healthcare offices to commercial printers and in-plant operations.
New Software and Finishing Updates
The Xerox 4112/4127 systems are the only light production printers with Xerox's Extensible Interface Platform (EIP), giving software developers and partners the ability to easily create server-based applications for the printer along with the option to customize the touch screen interface, simplifying and personalizing work processes. Additional software updates include:
- Exception page programming allows users to program jobs right at the user interface, making it easier to run complex jobs using color cover inserts, tabs and folds.
- A new ability to preview/edit saved files before running a print allows the user to preview the job at the user interface instead of using an external print server. Users can save images and job settings right at the user interface for future use quickly.
- The copy and save function allows users to save settings and pull up previous jobs at a later date. Frequent projects like teacher curriculum materials or course packets can be stored and retrieved whenever more runs need to be printed.
- Remote services such as automatic meter read provide timely and accurate billing information.
- The optional PDF kit compresses files and makes the text searchable in 21 different languages.
- Copier/printers scan documents in full color at 100 images per minute (simplex and duplex) and have the ability to print on any network.
The new high capacity stacker provides greater versatility with its ability to neatly stacks up to 5,000 sheets in a removable rollaway cart for easy transport and unloading to offline finishing. Additional carts may also be purchased providing even greater flexibility. The in-line booklet-maker finisher has a 25 sheet booklet capacity allowing print providers to complete brochures, booklets, professional manuals, and workbooks with easy handling of approved coated stocks. Additional finishing features include variable length stapling, collating, hole punching, bi-folding, and C-/Z-/Engineering Z-folding saving time and enhancing productivity.
The new 4112/4127 systems will be on display at Xerox's stand in Hall 8b at drupa from May 29 through June 11, in Düsseldorf, Germany. Xerox's light production enhancements highlight the company's commitment to delivering customers the right technology, the right workflow, and the right business model, right now.
The Xerox 4112/4127 systems use the company's environmentally-friendly EA toner which requires less energy to make, generates less waste, contributes to printer reliability and cuts the time it takes for printers to recover from energy-saving sleep modes.
Pricing and Availability
Order taking will begin in Europe on May 29 with installations occurring before the end of June. Order taking in North America will begin in July.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved