CIP4 and Messe Düsseldorf Announce Print Automation Conference at drupa
Friday, May 09, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyWashington, DC (May 8, 2008) - The International Cooperation for the Integration of the Processes in Prepress, Press and Postpress (CIP4) organization today announced details for the JDF Experience program at the drupa Innovation Parc powered by HP. Looking for ways to streamline production, save on labor and waste, improve throughput and connect with customers are high priorities for every printer attending drupa 2008, and the JDF Experience pavilion in the drupa innovation parc in Hall 7 is the best place to start.
Hosted by the CIP4 Organization, the JDF Experience features 22 member companies exhibiting the latest in JDF-enabled automation systems and software, and over 40 industry experts presenting in the JDF Experience Theatre a comprehensive two-week conference-style schedule that includes:
- Daily printer-focused tutorials and introductions to JDF
- Six special one-hour case study discussion panels, featuring small and medium-sized printers and CIPPI award-winning examples of JDF implementations
- One-hour panel sessions on key topics such as "Connecting to your Customer with JDF," "Digital Print Automation" and "MIS and Print Automation"
- Two, two-hour Technical Tutorials offering an in-depth understanding of JDF
- A day-long International Day on June 3rd featuring presentations in Spanish, Japanese, German, Portuguese, French and Polish
- Over 100 educational presentations on JDF systems, practical implementation advice, print automation integration, case studies and more.
- And one exclusive session on "The Future of JDF" with CIP4 leadership
Twenty-three distinct JDF workflow automation demonstrations will illustrate live jobs moving through all stages of production, from creation to postpress, and show integrations of multiple products from the pool of 19 participating companies. Nowhere else on the drupa show floor will there be such an integrated showing of JDF connectivity and automated production with such a wide variety of MIS, prepress, press, and postpress systems which attendees can see in the JDF Theater or at their own pace in the JDF Experience.
"The print industry has clearly proven that profitable printers are those who leverage technology, and JDF-enabled automation is the technological advantage you should be looking at," said Mark Wilton of Kodak and CIP4's Education and Marketing Officer. "Fully integrated JDF workflow demonstrations and a comprehensive JDF Experience Theatre schedule are just two of the features of this must-see pavilion. Attendees can stop by the JDF Experience and learn about key automation technologies that will not only cost justify their trip to drupa, but also make it a truly 'profit fueling' experience."
For more information about the JDF Experience, including detailed workflow demonstration descriptions and the complete theater schedule, visit http://www.cip4.org/activities/2008/drupa.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved