PIA/GATF Offers Center for Lean Practices
Friday, July 11, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyPittsburgh, PA, July 10, 2008 -- In 2007 The Printing Industries of America/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (PIA/GATF) formed the Center for Lean Practices to assist the graphic communications industry with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing. The Center provides consulting, training, publications, and a speakers' bureau specifically for the printing industry.
Since its inception, the Center for Lean Practices has received rave reviews from those who have taken advantage of the Center's products and services. One such printer reduced spoilage from 2.5% to 1.09% over the last year.
Ken Rizzo, PIA/GATF's director of consulting, oversees the Center's activities. He has been involved with Lean Practices for over 20 years, including writing and teaching about concepts before Lean Practices became popular in American industry. Prior to re-joining PIA/GATF, Rizzo served as a process engineer for offset printing, where he led numerous lean manufacturing projects, including Kaizen events, 5S, setup reduction, and total production maintenance.
PIA/GATF's Center for Lean Practices offers a host of products and services, specifically for the printing industry, including:
- Consulting Services and On-site Training: lean and productivity assessments, value stream mapping, 5S, quick response makeready, total production maintenance, and FSC and SFI certification assistance
- Lean Manufacturing for Print Managers Workshop
- Lean Tools for Optimizing Print Production Workshop
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Conference
- Lean Printing: Pathway to Success, published by PIA/GATF Press
- Total Production Maintenance, published by PIA/GATF Press
- Hot Topics: Center for Lean Practices-Lean Manufacturing 2 by PIA/GATF Press
Many printers have taken advantage of PIA/GATF's Center for Lean Practices to date, and as a result were able to reduce waste, spoilage, and downtime. Additional information and quotes from satisfied customers are available at www.gain.net, Search: Center for Lean or by calling Ken Rizzo at 1-800-910-4283 ext. 835.
PIA/GATF Center for Lean Practices-"Lean for Printers by Printers."
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved