OMET X-FLEX Press at LabelExpo
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyOctober 10, 2007 -- Brussels, Belgium - LabelExpo was buzzing about the introduction of OMET's innovative new "X-FLEX" flexo press design and performance. Demonstration attendees were amazed by the X-FLEX's performance, leading many at LabelExpo to agree the X-FLEX establishes a new performance benchmark for narrow web flexo press industry.
At the heart of the X-FLEX's new design is an innovative 'straight-thru' web path design that provides exceptionally low waste and unmatched print stability. The X-FLEX has the shortest web path in the industry, with only 1,650mm/5.5ft of web per print station, and produces the lowest waste of any press on the market (only 30m/98ft of waste on an 8 color X-FLEX press).
Additional X-FLEX features are;
- OMET's proven Gearless-Shaftless sleeve design
- Innovative new ink pan design that requires only 0.25 liter/1 cup of ink to print
- Quick change Gearless anilox system for very rapid changeovers
- VISION 1 automatic register control system, automatically adjusts both machine and lateral web directions on each print station
OMET demonstrated an 8-color 430mm wide X-FLEX running both thin film and pressure sensitive material running up to 200 m/min with astonishing register stability. The X-FLEX press generated only 30m/98 ft of waste going from 0 (zero) to 200m/min on both film and pressure sensitive material. What amazed LabelExpo attendees was that OMET took the photo eyes off each print station and ran the press from 50m/min to 200m/min repeatedly and the 4 color process register cross hair mark did not even move!
OMET also demonstrated the X-FLEX's optional "SMART Pressure Adjustment System" that automatically sets each print sleeve repeat change in to precise impression position.
Additional X-FLEX options include;
- Sliding rail system for cold/hot foil, lamination
- New STORK silkscreen cassette
- Twin-Cut tool-less die cutting or servo-driven rotary die cutting
- Turn bar
- Large diameter in feed
- Gravure print stations
- In-line label creation system
The X-FLEX is available in 340mm and 430mm widths and can run from 12my/.5mil unsupported film to 250my/10mil carton.
The new X-FLEX press establishes a new benchmark for performance in the narrow web industry.
- Extremely low waste
- Very rapid changeovers
- Unmatched print quality and stability on a wide range of materials
- Exceptional operator ease of use
By combining all of these features, the X-FLEX press from OMET is the best solution for today's short run market - low waste, high precision, rapid changeovers!
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved