OMET Company introduced 5 new innovations at Labelexpo
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyOctober 10, 2007 -- Brussels, Belgium - OMET Company introduced 5 new innovations at Labelexpo. OMET's new company theme at Labelexpo was "Innovation with Passion" which was illustrated by the following New product introductions;
- "F1" version of the industry leading VARYFLEX Gearless-Shaftless sleeve press
- "VISION 1" register control system that automatically adjusts the print register on each print station in both machine AND lateral web directions
- Offset printing unit for the VARYFLEX press platform in 330mm & 430 mm widths
- In-line label creation system that is totally integrated into any OMET press using either hot melt or UV adhesives
- Revolutionary new "X-FLEX" press which establishes a new benchmark in narrow web press performance
1) The "X-FLEX" is an exciting new press design that provides unmatched levels of efficiency and productivity.
The key features of the "X-FLEX" include;
- New "straight-thru" web path design that is the shortest web path of any in-line press on the market today, using only 5.5 feet (1,650mm) of web per station. The "X-FLEX" produces the lowest waste of any flexo press on the market today (an 8 color press generates only 30m (98 feet) of waste).
- OMET's proven Gearless-Shaftless sleeve design
- an innovative new Quick-Change ink pan design that uses only 8 oz.(.25 liter) of ink to print
- OMET's new "VISION 1" automatic register control system
- OMET's new "SMART" pressure adjustment system
The X-FLEX is available in 340mm & 430 mm widths, with a full-line of combination printing capabilities & flexibility.
2) OMET's new in-line label creation system provides label printers the ability to create pressure sensitive material in-line on any OMET press using either full-coat or pattern-coating applications. OMET demonstrated the in-line label application system on a 330mm wide FLEXY-S press applying hot melt adhesive to polypropylene film only where needed for peel-off labels, leaving the pull tab without glue or having to deaden the glue.
3) OMET's new Offset printing unit can be added to the VARYFLEX platform for combination printing capabilities. OMET can integrate flex, UV flexo, silkscreen, gravure, offset, cold/hot foil into the VARYFLEX platform for exceptional flexibility.
4) OMET's new "VISION 1" register system provides automatic machine direction AND lateral direction web control on each print station of the VARYFLEX or X-FLEX press platforms. The VISION 1 system greatly reduces make ready waste and greatly enhances consistency and efficiency of production.
5) In addition to sleek new styling, the new "F1" version of the proven VARYFLEX platform offers a smaller press footprint (for reduced waste), lower press height for enhanced operator ergonomics and easier reach of OMET's new overhead rail system. Also, the"F1" enhancements combine to dramatically reduce waste, improve efficency and flexibility of the industry leading VARYFLEX platform.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved