Margie Dana's Print Buyers International Announces Speaker Line-Up for Print Buyers Conference in November
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyCHESTNUT HILL, MASS -- September 25, 2007 -- Print Buyers International today announced their speaker line-up for the upcoming 2nd Annual Print Buyers Conference on November 7th and 8th at the Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center in Westford, Massachusetts. Headlined by keynoters Frank Romano and Dr. Joe Webb, the conference will offers attendees the expert input of 22 different renowned industry authorities. For complete conference details, including session descriptions, speaker bios, and program logistics, go to www.printbuyersinternational.com.
Coming to America
In an unsolicited email, Joan Grace, Chief Executive, PrintNZ (New Zealand) stated, "Having seen the proceedings from last year's 1st Annual Boston Print Buyers conference and then looking at who Margie had attracted to speak this year, I decided this was a 'must do' in terms of my own professional development. I am looking forward immensely to meeting Frank Romano, who continues to challenge the industry to consider its future. Likewise, the session with Don Carli, Institute of Sustainable Communication, is important to me. In a small country like New Zealand, it will be helpful for me to see how the printing industry in a much larger economy is addressing environmental sustainability. I am also looking forward to meeting with the print buyer delegates -- what do they want from our industry? -- are we delivering it? Finally, with such a great line-up, I would like some advice from Margie on how I can attend more than one session at a time!"
This international print buyers conference offers a rich and comprehensive educational program. This year, there will be 21 educational sessions, held over two days, dedicated to the enhanced understanding of professional print and media buyers. In addition to a buyers' panel moderated by PBI founder Margie Dana, the conference will offer the expert opinion of several of the industry's leading authorities:
- Frank Romano, Professor Emeritus, RIT;
- Dr. Joe Webb, Director, WhatTheyThink.com's Economics and Research Center;
- Derek Awalt, Global Product Manager, Halftone Proofing, Kodak Graphic Communications Group;
- Don Carli, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Sustainable Communication;
- Daniel Dejan, National Print & Creative Specialist, Sappi Fine Paper;
- Diane Dragoff, Purchasing Manager, United Way of Massachusetts Bay;
- Christine Erna, Executive Vice President, Mailing/Fulfillment Services, Vermillion, Inc.;
- Cheryl Kahanec, Vice President and Director, Digital Solutions, Sandy Alexander, Inc.;
- Sabine Lenz, Founder, PaperSpecs.com;
- Rick Littrell, President/CMO, Magicomm, LLC;
- James Lockman, Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Print Specialist and Owner of Working Words & Graphics;
- Robert McClements, Managing Director, Grange Consulting, and founding Senior Executive of PrintYorkshire;
- Jack Miller, Senior Consultant, North America, Pira International;
- Nick Patrissi, Senior Marketing Manager, Kodak Graphic Communications Group;
- Sandi Peterson, President, Berthelot Marketing Services;
- Michael Riordan, Assistant Professor at RIT's School of Print Media;
- Brian Rooney, Chief Technology Officer, Pantone, Inc.;
- Bob Wagner, Vice President, Xerox Creative Services Business and Premier Partners Program.
Dinner Keynote by Frank Romano and Dr. Joe Webb
A special highlight of this year's conference will be the November 7th keynote dinner address, to be co-delivered by industry giants Frank Romano and Dr. Joe Webb. Romano is the well-known author, educator, industry guru, world-class speaker, and friend to every print customer. He delivered the keynote address at the first annual print buyer's conference held in November 2006. Webb, affectionately known as "Dr. Doom," is one of the printing industry's most highly regarded economists, consultants, forecasters, and commentators.
From the PBI Founder
"We've built this program to bring attendees not only the hottest topics, but also sought to find the best-in-field speakers for each," noted PBI founder Margie Dana. "With Frank and Joe co-keynoting, I know the dinner session will be entertaining and information-packed. But just as valuable, Frank and Joe tell it like it is. There's no sugar-coating. Today's print and media buyers need to understand what's happening and how it's getting done. I know our hand-picked roster of speakers will tackle each topic with this same hard-hitting approach."
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved