EFI Showcases Powerful PrintFlow Scheduling Solution for Prograph Customers
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Graph Expo - Chicago - Sept. 10, 2007 - EFI, the world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, is showcasing PrintFlow for Prograph in booth 3000 at Graph Expo (Sept. 9-12, McCormick Place), a solution that supplements the detailed production planning offered by EFI Prograph with the power of PrintFlow Dynamic Scheduling and a host of features designed specifically for the publication and high-volume printer. The PrintFlow/Prograph combination of planning, imposition, dynamic scheduling, and real-time shop floor data collection is unique in the print industry. In addition to working with Prograph standalone solutions, the PrintFlow version also greatly enhances the functionality of PrintFlow when used with Hagen Prograph, the complete MIS and production planning solution for large commercial and publication printing companies.
The challenges of the publication and high-volume commercial printer are distinctive, and this toolset addresses these challenges at a whole new level. The ability to synchronize production, to optimize resource utilization, to more accurately forecast production speeds and changeover times, and to reduce waste throughout the process will have a significant impact on performance and profitability.
"A single error in the planning and execution of a publication or high-volume job can cost a business tens of thousands of dollars," said Udi Arieli, director of product management, EFI Advanced Professional Print Software (APPS). "Likewise, the inability to manage jobs and job components at the highest level causes inefficient capacity utilization, delays, non-chargeable return-to-press incidents, and cost overruns. PrintFlow for Prograph addresses these issues head-on."
Major features of PrintFlow for Prograph include:
- Capacity Maximizing Job Sequence Planning: Improves workflow management and capacity utilization by sequencing jobs using smart, rules-based production and delivery priorities.
- Advanced To-Do List: Detailed tasks for new jobs are held in a queue for review and scheduling with computer assistance that suggests the best placement of those jobs to optimize production and delivery for all jobs in the entire plant.
- Multi-Run Functionality: PrintFlow for Prograph "bunches" tasks for effective management of multiple versions, letting the scheduler sequence, bump, merge, or "unbunch" them on the fly.
- Routing and Tandem Run Capabilities: PrintFlow for Prograph is equipped to maximize Prograph's job routes with special tandem (simultaneous) work center assignments and automatic creation of all inter-process dependencies down to the version level.
- Advanced Split, Drag and Drop: This feature lets the scheduler - working directly on the Gantt chart - select, split, drag and drop tasks with automated setup and switchover calculations.
In addition to these capabilities, PrintFlow for Prograph includes a multi-plant option and long-term versus short-term scheduling, can be accessed via the Web, and provides a highly customizable, powerful ad-hoc reporting feature.
PrintFlow for Prograph serves as an operational umbrella for the print company's management and production processes. When combined with EFI Prograph's planning capabilities, EFI PrinterSite (Internet) desktops, and EFI Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) tools (Auto-Count Direct Machine Interface and JDF-based integration), the publication and high-volume commercial printer are afforded their best chance to streamline workflows and maximize profit potential. For more information please contact 1-800-875-7117.