Canon U.S.A. Showcases Its Digital Production Printing Solutions at Graph Expo 2007 in Chicago
Monday, September 10, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyCHICAGO, September 9, 2007 - Canon U.S.A., Inc., will be showcasing its brand of printing solutions as part of the Company's "Value Behind the Paper" exhibit during this year's GRAPH EXPO 2007 in Chicago. At the Canon booth (#2400), the Company will demonstrate the new imagePROGRAF S-series large format printers for production printing applications along with new large format printers for CAD applications. Also on display in the booth will be Canon's revolutionary imagePRESS C7000VP digital press, which began shipping in July of this year.
"Canon has taken another great step into the commercial printing arena, and equipment like our imagePRESS C7000VP and now our imagePROGRAF S-series are delivering the fast, high-quality digital workflows that today's print operations are looking for," said Tod Pike, senior vice president, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. "This is the digital age, where time is our most valued commodity. Canon is at the forefront of helping printers turnaround jobs faster, easier, more reliably and digitally, while delivering high-quality output. Whether it be a Web submission for overnight brochures, or 100 posters for a new movie launch, Canon is providing the tools to get it done."
Representing the largest R&D investment in Canon's history, the imagePRESS C7000VP, along with a host of imagePRESS Workflow Solutions hardware and software, will be running realistic print applications in the booth. In addition, customers will be able to learn how Canon's Essential Business Builder program, customized mentoring and business development tools for Canon's digital presses can help them build a successful digital print business. The Company's high-speed imageRUNNER Pro 7100VP series devices and high-quality imagePRESS digital color presses, including the imagePRESS C1, will also be running a number of document workflow solutions. Canon will demonstrate how print providers can seamlessly integrate critical business and production processes into their digital workflow using Canon-branded and third-party solutions, while helping to drive growth and profitability.
On display in the Canon booth will be:
- imagePRESS C7000VP Digital Press - Shipping since July 2007, Canon's imagePRESS C7000VP digital press delivers consistent print speed at 70 pages-per-minute (ppm) for letter-sized output in color, regardless of the weight of the media, combining digital productivity with offset image quality output. Already, the imagePRESS C7000VP has been impressing printers and clients across the country with is color management and consistent color output. The manufacturer's suggested selling price for the imagePRESS C7000VP base print engine with imagePRESS Server A3000 is $230,000.
- New imagePROGRAF S-Series Large Format Printers - Canon's imagePROGRAF large format printers are already known for their fast print speeds, end-user replaceable print heads, and high-quality images, and now the S-series raises the bar on speed and performance with the imagePROGRAF iFP9000S and iPF8000S. Boasting a 40 percent increase in speed over the imagePROGRAF iPF9000 and iPF8000, the S-series printers can render an A0-sized print in 4.9 minutes in Standard Mode (1200 x 1200 dpi) on glossy photo paper [i] . Adding to the printers' productivity is the new ink sub tank feature which allows operators to replace empty ink tanks on the fly without interrupting the printing process. The imagePROGRAF iPF9000S and iPF8000S will allow production printers to produce more quality prints per day and help increase productivity for print shops across the country.
- New imagePROGRAF iPF710 and imagePROGRAF iPF610 Large Format Printers- The imagePROGRAF iPF710 and iPF610 large format printers feature the Company's five-color dye/pigment Reactive ink system, enabling them to produce black lines and texts that have a resistance against rubbing, moisture and bleeding of intersecting lines. This results in sharp lines and high-density black for CAD line drawings, as well as vivid colors and solid image consistency with sharp text for superb signs and posters for the general office.
- imageRUNNER Pro 7150/7138/7125/7110VP - With support for a wide range of substrate weights, sizes and thickness; enhanced media feeding; and the ability for digital print quality adjustments, the new black-and-white imageRUNNER Pro VP devices are ideal for commercial printers and corporate in-plants who support demanding data center, financial, education, manufacturing, health care and graphic arts applications.
Canon will be demonstrating a Digital Books On-Demand solution using the imageRUNNER Pro 7150VP, with color covers printed on the imagePRESS C1 and laminated with GBC's 620os. Other solutions on display will include a Transpromo application from Objectif Lune in which personalized customer invoices are created using Planet Press Suite, and RSA will be demonstrating QDirect.Scan for Canon MEAP, a scan-to-print center application which allows hard copy originals to be scanned on an imageRUNNER MFP from the office and sent to the print center for output on a production device such as the imageRUNNER Pro 7150VP.
- imagePRESS C1 Digital Press - The imagePRESS C1 Digital Color Press delivers the look and feel of offset print for short-run and production color applications while bringing accurate color early to the proofing and design process. For the color-critical customer, quality, consistency, and versatility matter, and the imagePRESS C1 delivers on all three with the ability to create consistently beautiful prints on a wide array of media selections. The imagePRESS C1 enables its users to speed up the proofing and production of color-critical jobs; quickly produce small color runs that complement materials printed on offset presses, and help differentiate their work from competitors.
- Color imageRUNNER C5185 Series - Canon recently introduced the Color imageRUNNER C5185 Series, its latest digital multifunction device complete with greater flexibility, power and performance. Unveiled at Canon's Digital Solutions Forum in Chicago, the Color imageRUNNER C5185 Series will be the first Canon branded-color MFP to use a Single-Pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder (DADF) and the first to incorporate a number of new features and functionality.
- imageRUNNER 7105 Printer - Designed for central reproduction departments, print-for-pay establishments and print-on-demand applications where rapid document capture and production is required, the imageRUNNER 7105 meets professional publishing needs. Available with advanced document finishing options, the imageRUNNER 7105 can include a High Capacity Stacker to accurately stack up to 6,000 sheets; a Perfect Binder to produce perfectly bound and trimmed books in-line with wraparound covers using hot glue technology; a Paper Folding Unit; a Document Insertion Unit to feed booklet covers into job streams; and Booklet Trimmer to trim and stack large quantities of booklet sets.
- imageWARE Prepress Manager - imageWARE Prepress Manager is a robust make-ready application, with advanced job management functionality, helping high-volume printers better integrate hard-copy and digital files into their overall workflow.
- imagePRESS Workflow Solutions - The imagePRESS Workflow Solutions program is a collection of Canon-branded and third-party hardware and software solutions that focus on key workflows and production printing environments to maximize efficiencies, and help printers build a profitable digital print business. At GRAPH EXPO, Canon will demonstrate a number of imagePRESS Workflow Solutions that address several segments of the marketplace, including digital collateral, customized communications, color management, workflow integration, and finishing.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved