EFI Launches Its Most Expansive Demonstration of Industry-Leading Technology Innovation at Graph Expo 2007
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyFOSTER CITY, Calif. – Sept. 5, 2007 – EFI, the world leader in color digital print servers, superwide format printers and inks, and print management solutions, will showcase its latest generation industry-leading solutions that help customers print to win at Graph Expo (Sept 9-12, Chicago's McCormick Place). EFI's breakthrough solutions, which are leading the industry's progression from analog to digital and increasing customers' automation efficiency, cost savings, and revenue stream opportunities, will be demonstrated in EFI's booth 3000 and in partners', including Canon U.S.A., FUJIFILM Graphic Systems U.S.A., Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Oce North America, Inc., the Pitman Company, Ricoh Americas Corp., and Xerox.
Among the newest versions of EFI's industry-leading solutions to be featured at Graph Expo 2007 are: the next-generation Fiery platform, including a new industrial design; Fiery Central, a powerful, modular, PDF-based production workflow solution; EFI Splash RPX-ii Mac OS X-based workflow solution; MicroPress raster-based color and black and white workflow solution; EFI Color Profiler Suite profiling solution for graphic arts professionals; EFI VUTEk superwide digital inkjet printers, including the VUTEk QS3200 and VUTEk PV200SC UV-curing printers, and EFI VUTEk 3360EC solvent printers; EFI Jetrion industrial inkjet printing systems for label converters, package printers and mail houses; EFI Digital StoreFront web-to-print platform; EFI Bestcolor-driven proofing and color management wide-format production workflow solutions, Colorproof XF and Fiery XF; and EFI's advanced print MIS solutions, including Hagen, Logic, PSI and PrintSmith.
"Graph Expo is a stellar opportunity for us to meet with a great number of partners, existing and potential new customers, and to showcase our entire product portfolio, designed around the latest technology innovations to make our print customers more competitive, efficient and profitable," said Guy Gecht, EFI CEO. "In our largest exhibit to date, EFI's award-winning solutions will be demonstrated in our own booth as well as in partners' booths throughout the conference. Attendees will experience the power of our product portfolio and connectivity across a variety of third-party solutions shown at Graph Expo - the flexibility and seamless integration that enables their optimal digital print workflow."
EFI will demonstrate how customers are able to get the most out of their digital print production engine and their people with the next-generation EFI Fiery platform, which won the 2007 BERTL's Best Award for Innovation. Renowned for its intuitive user experience, the new Fiery platform features powerful a unique Visual Workflow that optimizes productivity by providing job progress at-a-glance, and built in "how-to" guides to address a wide range of operator expertise. In the company's booth and in partner booths, EFI will highlight Fiery innovation, including: the most open, powerful VDP workflow capability, including support of VDP languages Fiery FreeForm, industry standard PPML, and a host of legacy proprietary languages, and collaborations with the leading VDP software vendors; full compliance with PDF-X3, a specification for reliable prepress data interchange that enables designers to provide digital content files that can be printed predictably and correctly by the service provider; support of the new color specification, Pantone Goe System; the Color Wizard Station (Fiery tools for graphic arts professionals); and Fiery connectivity with Rampage, which enables high-volume prepress production across diverse platesetters, proofing systems, and other output devices. EFI will also showcase the print service providers' opportunity to benefit from both the low cost of long run lengths offered by offset printing and the flexibility of digital printing, and how the Fiery adds value.
EFI will also demonstrate the power of: Splash RPX-ii, a unique Mac OS X-based workflow software option; EFI Fiery Central, EFI's production workflow, management and sophisticated make-ready solution; Color Profiler Suite (CPS) profiling solution designed to ensure total color quality control in the color printing workflow for graphic arts professionals; and MicroPress, EFI's industry-leading, raster-based production B&W and color workflow solution. Connectivity among these solutions, other EFI solutions, and a wide variety of third-party products will also be featured throughout Graph Expo.
EFI will highlight the new revenue stream opportunities made possible by its VUTEk systems with an exciting "Made in Rio" fashion show held in regular intervals in the EFI booth. International sensation Alessa Migani's designs have been printed on a VUTEk FabriVu superwide printer, which caters to dye-sublimation applications and prints on a wide range of fabrics or directly onto selected polyester flags and poplin materials, with superior image quality. EFI VUTEk systems print on a variety of flexible and rigid media substrates beyond paper, to deliver applications ranging from banners, signs and billboards to building wraps and display, fleet, floor, window and vehicle graphics. The full array of substrates will be exhibited at Graph Expo.
EFI will also feature new VUTEk systems with connectivity to Fiery XF, the EFI Bestcolor-driven superwide printing and proofing solution. The VUTEk QS3200 and VUTEk PV200SC UV-curing digital inkjet printers offer superior image quality, productivity and connectivity, delivering new applications and increased profitability for superwide digital printer shops. The VUTEk QS3200 represents a new category of printers that combine EFI's production and workflow management technologies with the market-leading digital print capabilities of its VUTEk superwide format printers. The industry-leading VUTEk 3360 offers the renowned print quality, performance and reliability of a VUTEk digital inkjet printer and the flexibility to expand into new applications and markets. With an optional second ink delivery system, the VUTEk 3360 opens new market opportunities for traditional solvent and fabric-based, dye-sublimation applications. Additionally, the VUTEk 3360 superwide digital inkjet printer has been optimized for VUTEk BioVu ink, offering print-for-pay shops increased methods for generating more revenue in environmentally-aware markets.
Following are additional EFI product highlights at Graph Expo 2007:
In addition to demonstrations in the EFI booth, industry-leading Fiery technology will be featured at several EFI partner booths:
- Canon U.S.A. booth 2400, next-generation Fiery color digital print servers driving Canon digital output devices and connectivity to Fiery Central, Digital StoreFront, Colorproof XF, and Heidelberg Prinect;
- FUJIFILM Graphic Systems U.S.A., Inc. booth 4381, industry-leading Fiery technology driving Xerox digital presses and Fiery connectivity to Rampage and EFI Digital StoreFront;
- IKON, in EFI booth 3000, IKON will demonstrate a next-generation Fiery color digital print server driving an IKON digital output production device;
- Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A, booth 4436, Fiery color digital print servers driving Konica Minolta digital output production devices, and connectivity to Digital StoreFront;
- Oce North America, Inc., booth 655, Fiery color digital print servers driving the company's digital output production devices;
- Ricoh Americas Corp., booth 3046, Fiery servers driving Ricoh Aficio digital output devices and connectivity to the newest versions of Digital StoreFront and MicroPress;
- Xerox, booth 1217, new and exciting Fiery-driven Xerox iGen3 digital press applications, including mass appeal photography cubes, featuring Arlen Ness motorcycles, a next-generation embedded Fiery-driven Xerox DocuColor 260, and connectivity to EFI Splash RPX-ii.
Digital Inkjet Printers
- EFI will showcase the VUTEk QS2000, QS3200, and VUTEk 3360EC superwide format printers, with connectivity to the Fiery XF production workflow and color management solution.
- The Pitman Company, booth 4421, will demonstrate the VUTEk QS2000 driven by FieryXF.
- The EFI Jetrion 3025 will be mounted on a mail table to demonstrate high quality, high speed personalization, bar coding and other variable data printing using fast cure UV inks on challenging coated substrates.
Advanced Professional Print Software
Print MIS Solutions
- EFI will highlight the newest versions of its MIS solutions, including Hagen, Logic, PSI, PrintSmith, Prograph and Proteus; the family of PrinterSite tools and also the latest versions of Enterprise Information System, PrintFlow Dynamic Scheduling and Auto-Count Direct Machine Interface.
- JDF workflows demonstrated in the EFI booth include MIS integrated to Fiery, Fiery XF and Fiery Central.
- JDF integration of Hagen to Heidelberg, Komori, and MAN Roland will also be showcased in their respective booths, along with Logic to Fiery integration in the Canon booth.
Web to Print Solutions
- Digital StoreFront (Version 3), EFI's web-to-print platform, will be shown providing a customer onramp into both the printer's digital production workflow (EFI Fiery Central and MicroPress, and Fiery color digital print servers) and the printer's business management tools. In addition to streamlining workflows, Digital StoreFront enables printers to add value to their product and services via online cataloging, VDP, and full e-commerce shopping tools.
EFI Bestcolor Technology-driven Proofing and Production Solutions
- EFI Bestcolor Technology-driven Proofing Solutions will be showcased in EFI's booths as well as in partner booths, including Canon (booth 2400), Color Management Group (booth 5147), Epson (booth 4429), and Pitman Company (booth 4421; see separate press release regarding EFI's industry-leading digital workflow solutions driving numerous manufacturers' output devices at Pitman Company's largest ever Graph Expo exhibit).
Among the solutions' newest enhancements, EFI will showcase Clean Color and Full Gamut Technology, built into EFI Bestcolor-driven solutions for brilliant print results for both production and proofing purposes in a complete cross-platform application. The new Clean Color feature directly addresses the production market's needs for vivid, saturated color with pleasant modulation and clean appearance, while the Full Gamut profile exploits the maximum color gamut of printing equipment. EFI will also demonstrate the solutions' integration with EFI Print MIS and web-to-print solutions.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved