Pitney Bowes Powers Up the Mailstream with TransPromo for Transactional Mailers
Friday, August 31, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyAugust 31, 2007 - According to technology research firm InfoTrends' forecasts, full color digital TransPromo pages are set to grow at a 91% compound annual growth rate through 2010. In fact, according to an InfoTrends study, 63% of consumers indicate a preference for TransPromo documents over traditional direct mail.
In line with this trend, a recent Pitney Bowes survey reveals that Americans spend twice as much time reviewing printed bank and credit card statements than their Web equivalents. The Pitney Bowes survey also found that consumers pay more attention to direct mail than to prospecting emails.
"The most powerful customer experiences occur when the right message is delivered to the right person, at just the right time and by the right channel," said John Schloff, vice president, marketing, Pitney Bowes. "Savvy marketers are discovering that this new brand of permission marketing on transactional documents is making quite an impact."
John Schloff is presenting Closing the TransPromo Gap at GraphExpo, 12:30 pm, September 11, 2007. GraphExpo takes place at McCormick Place South in Chicago, IL, September 9 – 12, 2007.
Pitney Bowes outlines five reasons for the growing popularity of TransPromo among transaction mailers:
1. Unrivaled Openability. Statements and invoices are expected—they contain important financial information and usually require action. In fact, more than 95% of transaction documents are opened and read each month – far more than any other type of direct response effort
2. High Involvement. Bills and statements receive more attention than any other form of communication including television advertisements The average customer invests between one and three minutes for statement review.
3. Trusted Media. While e-security and telephone fraud continue to make headlines, nearly everyone trusts the postal service to send and deliver mail – including highly important documents
4. Functionality. Not only do statements command more attention when they are initially opened, they are often viewed more than once The paper-based nature of transaction mail is valued by consumers as they pay bills, submit expense reports, prepare taxes and file documents.
5. Greater Returns. Statements are already a line item. Adding promotional messages transforms them into a cost-efficient communication channel. Statement-based marketing is also more effective simply because of the target audience: current customers. A five percent increase in current customer business can translate into as much as a 50 percent increase in bottom-line profits
In this presentation, Schloff will highlight the seven proven strategies being used to "Close the TransPromo Gap," featuring ways Pitney Bowes customers are bringing marketing and operations together to generate more relevant customer experiences – and greater profits.
Transaction mailers can see TransPromo in action as well as learn more about other key trends from Pitney Bowes experts at Graph Expo, September 9 - 12, 2007, at McCormick Place South in Chicago, Illinois. There, they can learn about mailstream hardware, software and service solutions – including the new APSTM Edge, a 100% servo-powered inserter that will be running TransPromo applications throughout the show. Visit Pitney Bowes at Booth 2263.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved