Xerox Picture Me Profitable Kit
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyROCHESTER, N.Y., Jan. 28, 2008 - Xerox Corporation today launched a new resource - the Xerox Picture Me Profitable Kit - to help photo labs, photo retailers and digital print providers design, market and produce a range of lucrative photo specialty products on Xerox digital printers.
"Many photo retailers and labs are just beginning to use digital printing. This collection helps them build on their photo expertise and expand their business to produce a wide range of new revenue-generating personalized applications such as photo books, calendars and greeting cards," said Quincy Allen, president, Xerox's Production Systems Group. "For those entering this lucrative photo specialty market, this kit will give them the tools they need to start, promote and grow their business."
Xerox's Picture Me Profitable Kit, developed based on feedback from customers and industry leaders, includes:
- A white paper that gives an overview of the photo specialty market.
- A guide to writing a marketing plan that includes tips and worksheets to allow a company to enter and build a profitable photo specialty business, including an example from Xerox customer MyPicTales.
- Templates to help create applications such as greeting cards, postcards and other photo specialty products.
- A sample book filled with 50 pages of digitally-printed applications and samples of Xerox's specialty media. This book helps photo retailers showcase the types of jobs they can create for their customers, such as greeting cards, personalized calendars and photo books, as well as business applications like invitations, menus and business cards.
- A reference book to help photo retailers find answers to questions about digital book printing, finishing, workflow and what paper should be used for specific jobs.
- A CD that contains industry articles and research reports. Included is an executive summary about the photo merchandise market from leading independent research firm InfoTrends, as well as a sampling of articles from top photography and printing publications.
"With Xerox equipment and support, we were able to recoup our initial investment less than two months after fulfilling our first order," said Prathibha Polapragada, owner of MyPicTales, which uses a Xerox DocuColor 242 Digital Color Printer/Copier to produce a variety of photo specialty applications. "Xerox is going beyond providing state-of-the-art digital printing equipment. It is making sure customers have everything they need to succeed."
The kit is the latest addition to Xerox's ProfitAccelerator Digital Business Resources portfolio, a collection of more than 75 tools to help customers maximize their digital investments. It will be launched at the 2008 Photo Marketing Association International Convention and Trade Show, the world's largest annual photo imaging trade show, Jan. 31 to Feb. 2 in Las Vegas.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved